Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts
Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts
https://www.mercurynews.com/seattle-pd-c...ice-budget

Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best, the first Black woman to lead Seattle's police department, announced Tuesday she will be stepping down in September following cuts to her budget that would reduce the department by as many as 100 officers.

Yeah sure...

Cutting the budget will make it all better.

Enjoy your increased crime rate.

Dumbasses..
RE: Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts
The hipsters will be right there to help fill the gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRxHmimUqA
(August 12, 2020 at 7:28 am)onlinebiker Wrote: https://www.mercurynews.com/seattle-pd-c...ice-budget

Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best, the first Black woman to lead Seattle's police department, announced Tuesday she will be stepping down in September following cuts to her budget that would reduce the department by as many as 100 officers.

Yeah sure...

Cutting the budget will make it all better.

Enjoy your increased crime rate.

Dumbasses..

Trouble is, police don’t reduce crime rates to begin with (they should, but they don’t), so the budget doesn’t really matter.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
People don't appear to factor in whether or not a police dpt successfully extorts a city when they're deciding whether to commit a crime...and have you done any research on the state of that money in seattle? o say that the way officers can bill the city for their services in seattle is creative doesn't do justice to the racket they've built for themselves. It's a shame that other unions aren't as competent as theirs.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 12, 2020 at 7:41 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Here’s another one. The SPD covers about 143 square miles with about 1400 sworn officers. The proposed budget cuts will reduce that to about 1300.

This means that instead of a little less than ten cops per square mile, they’ll have a little more than nine.

Armageddon just waiting to happen.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 12, 2020 at 7:46 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: People don't appear to factor in whether or not a police dpt successfully extorts a city when they're deciding whether to commit a crime...
LOL
In other words the police are an extortion racket and when one of the boses doesn't get their cut they quite. Really goes to show you their priorities .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

They get super upset when you cut off the wage fraud spigot.  What I find hilarious is that this whole episode highlighted the fact that even if there were no black necks to worry about, or protestors to be gassed, the seattle pd needs an audit.  Call me a cynic, but it seems like they oppose budget cuts not because it would increase crime rates, but because it could reduce them, and they intend to continue committing them.  They're going to try anyway, just like any other criminal, and that will be further waste and abuse of the relatively diminished funds.

I'll say this for Best - her cut isn't even close to the amounts that have been stolen, and her employees have been known to get a bigger cut than she ever did.  That's why they passed a monthly reporting requirement for cops that make more than 150k a year.  The SPD spends nearly it's entire budget on wages, it looks like cops have been inflating their hours at generous rates - and this is the quality of service they get for all that lucre.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nothing like an informed opinion.

Literally.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 641 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2521 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2722 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 17486 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  NXIVM Cult leader due to be sentenced tomoz...predictions? Duty 13 630 October 27, 2020 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 946 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  US police brutality item Duty 351 24673 July 10, 2020 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  No more contraceptives due to religious objections Foxaèr 6 433 July 9, 2020 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  is Seattle the new fort Sumter? Drich 204 10426 June 24, 2020 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Minneapolis Abolish Police The Architect Of Fate 82 4628 June 12, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger