Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for Xanth
Time for Xanth
If you're unfamiliar, it's the magical land created by Piers Anthony

I grew up reading his books, enjoying them immensely.

If you've read the works of the Xanth series, what is your favorite part of the land?
RE: Time for Xanth
Puns.
Why does your Xanth link send me to IMDB ('Fatima' 2020)?

Quite like the series (though I preferred his 'Incarnations of Immortality'), but in all fairness, the later novels seemed like Anthony was trying too hard.

Favourite novel: Ogre, Ogre.  Favourite area: Gap Chasm.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"Incarnations of Immortality" was the one where we wound up with a new God?
(August 30, 2020 at 7:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Why does your Xanth link send me to IMDB ('Fatima' 2020)?

Grrr, sometimes links don't copy when I copy them. Anywho, it's been fixed.
(August 30, 2020 at 7:56 am)Eleven Wrote:
(August 30, 2020 at 7:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Why does your Xanth link send me to IMDB ('Fatima' 2020)?

Grrr, sometimes links don't copy when I copy them. Anywho, it's been fixed.
"Aye, I cut its wee balls right off!"
(August 30, 2020 at 7:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Incarnations of Immortality" was the one where we wound up with a new God?

Yes, right at the end of the last book.  God was determined to have been derelict in his duty and was replaced.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Took me a while to find it, since it has been ages since I've read the books:

My favorite character was always Metria
(August 30, 2020 at 8:16 am)Eleven Wrote: Took me a while to find it, since it has been ages since I've read the books:

My favorite character was always Metria

In the U.S., I grew up to prefer Imperiala.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
Did you want to handle his magic wand?