Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no justice...... RBG RIP!
There is no justice...... RBG RIP!
She hung in there as long as she could. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/us/ju...at-87.html
RE: There is no justice...... RBG RIP!
Does this mean Trump gets another cronie on the SP or that all nominations are on hold until the election results are in?
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 18, 2020 at 7:58 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Does this mean Trump gets another cronie on the SP or that all nominations are on hold until the election results are in?

I hope Dems can do to the GOP what the GOP did to Garland, Obama's pick. But I don't know. 

The good thing is that there is no law preventing a future Administration from expanding the seats on the court. 

But this is scary right now.
Well, according to Mitch McConnell, you can't seat a new SCOTUS justice just before a Presidential election. You have to wait until after the election to do that. 

I'm sure the GOP will be consistent with what they've previously said.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(September 18, 2020 at 8:02 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Well, according to Mitch McConnell, you can't seat a new SCOTUS justice just before a Presidential election. You have to wait until after the election to do that. 

Yea, lets see how hypocritical that fucker is going to be now.
R.I.P. America.

(September 18, 2020 at 8:02 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Well, according to Mitch McConnell, you can't seat a new SCOTUS justice just before a Presidential election. You have to wait until after the election to do that. 

Oh, they'll wait until after the election.  About 10 days after the election if Trump loses.  Then install the worst possible person they can on their way out.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(September 18, 2020 at 8:20 pm)Cecelia Wrote: R.I.P. America.

Oh, they'll wait until after the election.  About 10 days after the election if Trump loses.  Then install the worst possible person they can on their way out.

Well again, it isn't impossible to expand or shrink the SCOTUS. There is nothing in the Constitution preventing the expansion of seats.

He's already said he intends to push a nominee through.

it's different because the Republicans have both the Presidency and the Senate according to McConnell.

But, as we know. The difference is that they want to choose the replacement justice both times. it's purely a power thing.
(September 18, 2020 at 8:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 18, 2020 at 8:20 pm)Cecelia Wrote: R.I.P. America.

Well again, it isn't impossible to expand or shrink the SCOTUS. There is nothing in the Constitution preventing the expansion of seats.

And what's to stop the next Republican President from expanding the number from 13 to 17?  Or 21?  Or whatever they want?  That's a dangerous road to go down.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(September 18, 2020 at 8:33 pm)Cecelia Wrote:
(September 18, 2020 at 8:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Well again, it isn't impossible to expand or shrink the SCOTUS. There is nothing in the Constitution preventing the expansion of seats.

And what's to stop the next Republican President from expanding the number from 13 to 17?  Or 21?  Or whatever they want?  That's a dangerous road to go down.

As if we are not already there.

Trump even outside the SCOTUS has packed lower judges in every state. 

Mitch lit the fire and started this war by not confirming Garland.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RIP thread Fake Messiah 1713 109533 8 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Sassy Justice Foxaèr 0 154 October 28, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  RIP Luke Perry Fake Messiah 12 1650 March 8, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  RIP Keith Flint GUBU 1 503 March 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  RBG in hospital for surgery. Brian37 10 1583 December 29, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  RIP Stan Lee Foxaèr 1 370 November 13, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  More obstruction of justice from Donald Trump. Jehanne 6 948 September 11, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  RIP McCain Losty 51 5529 September 4, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Rosie Riveter RIP, Brian37 3 935 January 23, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  RIP Brucie Cyberman 2 1319 August 19, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus