Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Trump finally acknowledges a death...
When Trump finally acknowledges a death...
Trump gets booed...

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: When Trump finally acknowledges a death...
If he's scared now what will he be like when he sees what people will do if he steals the elections.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The chant was inappropriate.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 24, 2020 at 11:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The chant was inappropriate.

Boru

Burning buildings, looting, beating people and causing general mayhem is also inappropriate...

Unless you lean way left.

Then it's considered protesting...
(September 24, 2020 at 11:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The chant was inappropriate.

Boru

I agree it was not the place for it.  But I also think that RBG would be okay with people exercising their right to free speech.

Trump should not have gone there.  He has skipped other high profile funerals.  He went in an effort to look like he has a shred of decency.  Both sides were in the wrong.  He knew his presence was not going to be applauded or would pass without notice.

It's a conundrum for me.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 24, 2020 at 11:51 am)onlinebiker Wrote:

Boru

Burning buildings, looting, beating people and causing general mayhem is also inapprooriate...

Then itcs considered protesting...

Lots of inappropriate things in the world, mate. For what it’s worth, I lean way left and I disapprove of riots.

The event in the video was supposed to be about Justice Ginsburg. The chanters made it about Trump.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 24, 2020 at 11:52 am)arewethereyet Wrote:

Boru

I agree it was not the place for it.  But I also think that RBG would be okay with people exercising their right to free speech.

Trump should not have gone there.  He has skipped other high profile funerals.  He went in an effort to look like he has a shred of decency.  Both sides were in the wrong.  He knew his presence was not going to be applauded or would pass without notice.

It's a conundrum for me.

He was fucked either way - showing up or not.

But the left made themselves obnoxious - so they really just ended up looking petty.

Point to the orange turd.
It is always the right time for two things: to punch a Nazi, and boo Trump.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 24, 2020 at 11:37 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Trump gets booed...

No shit...... Out of all the vile things he has done since he ran, this is the worst. It is literally pissing on a grave. RBG was everything that fucker will never be.
Quote:Burning buildings, looting, beating people and causing general mayhem is also inappropriate...

Then it's considered protesting...
Nice staying on topic there slick  Dodgy

Quote:He was fucked either way - showing up or not.
Well sort of happens when you use someone's death to advance your own political agenda and do so in incredibly hypocritical manor , And your essentially the walking  antithesis of everything person stood for and fought for . 

Quote:But the left made themselves obnoxious - so they really just ended up looking petty.
No the response was 100% appropriate he had no business being there to rub it in 

Quote:Point to the orange turd.
Nope
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1035 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1874 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Biden finally jumps in.... Brian37 55 4273 May 25, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36855 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  He's finally behind bars.... Joods 0 305 September 20, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  I've finally figured out what's with this wall thing. Gawdzilla Sama 18 2063 August 1, 2018 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Finally Fox [Faux] News is being called out for their shit NuclearEnergy 3 1456 December 16, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Can Republicans finally just admit that they hate black people NuclearEnergy 7 1982 July 10, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Tongue Finally a world leader to get Vorlon all hot and bothered over GUBU 2 1425 June 3, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3136 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer