Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who the hell loses to the Cleveland Browns?
Who the hell loses to the Cleveland Browns?
Washington did just now, and that was embarrassing. How can we go from our first game beating the Eagles with 8 sacks and 3 turnovers and then this today?

I seriously don't know what planet I live on .
RE: Who the hell loses to the Cleveland Browns?
(September 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Washington did just now, and that was embarrassing. How can we go from our first game beating the Eagles with 8 sacks and 3 turnovers and then this today?

Is it possible that the Browns played better?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 27, 2020 at 4:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Washington did just now, and that was embarrassing. How can we go from our first game beating the Eagles with 8 sacks and 3 turnovers and then this today?

Is it possible that the Browns played better?

Boru

Usually sports are based on more points when the clocks run out. So yea.

But also in sports there are teams people know most of the time do better than others, and others that don't do so well. The Browns are not known for dynasties or playoffs.  I am not saying today was impossible, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. But it was not what I expected, especially after our first game this season where we came back and beat the fuck out of the Eagles.

I bit of irony. Back in the 80s and early 90s the 49ers were the only team in that decade that had more Super Bowl wins than Washington. But in regular season games Washington would beat the 49s most of the time.

The Browns even today, are kinda like the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. The Cubs had almost a century of not winning a championship in the MLB.

Point is, sure, as they say, "Any given Sunday". But out of all the teams Washington has lost to, since we started sucking in the mid 90s, even the Browns were not a team I would expect to lose to.

But, I will say this. I am also an underdog fan. If the Browns make it to the Super Bowl, or Detroit for that matter, I will root for both of them.

The Browns certainly played a better game, and that is why they won today. But it still was not what I expected.
(September 27, 2020 at 4:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 27, 2020 at 4:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Is it possible that the Browns played better?

Boru

Usually sports are based on more points when the clocks run out. So yea.

But also in sports there are teams people know most of the time do better than others, and others that don't do so well. The Browns are not known for dynasties or playoffs.  I am not saying today was impossible, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. But it was not what I expected, especially after our first game this season where we came back and beat the fuck out of the Eagles.

I bit of irony. Back in the 80s and early 90s the 49ers were the only team in that decade that had more Super Bowl wins than Washington. But in regular season games Washington would beat the 49s most of the time.

The Browns even today, are kinda like the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. The Cubs had almost a century of not winning a championship in the MLB.

Point is, sure, as they say, "Any given Sunday". But out of all the teams Washington has lost to, since we started sucking in the mid 90s, even the Browns were not a team I would expect to lose to.

But, I will say this. I am also an underdog fan. If the Browns make it to the Super Bowl, or Detroit for that matter, I will root for both of them.

The Browns certainly played a better game, and that is why they won today. But it still was not what I expected.

So, the answer to your original question would seem to be, ‘Any team that plays worse than the Browns in that particular game.’

That was easy.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 27, 2020 at 4:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 27, 2020 at 4:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Usually sports are based on more points when the clocks run out. So yea.

So, the answer to your original question would seem to be, ‘Any team that plays worse than the Browns in that particular game.’

That was easy.

Boru

I don't know if I want to stick to "Captain Contrarian" or move to " President Pedantic".

It is a sport. Nothing more. Everyone sane who doesn't treat it like landing on the beaches of Normandy, still likes to bitch when their team loses, in fun.

YOU are absolutely right, the Browns played a better game, got more points at the end of the game, and won. 

But no, I am not going to go on a killing spree over it. It was simply a loss I did not expect. I expect to lose to  the Cowboys or Giants or Eagles, but not the Browns. 

It was more like a Homer Simpson's "DOH!" when he could have had a free beer at Moe's but dropped the mug.
You asked a question and I answered it. Why are you getting all snotty?

Boru
(September 27, 2020 at 4:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You asked a question and I answered it. Why are you getting all snotty?

Boru

HA HA COME ON DUDE, you take me way more seriously than I take myself.

Sure I hate Washington losing. But it isn't life or death. Look at it this way, I also hate it when my best friend from Oklahoma who is a country music fan and I challenge him to find me a country music version of a rock song I love. Let me clue you in, HE ALWAYS WINS.

I am not being serious like the assholes who riot after a game. I was simply expressing a Homer Simpson's DOH!

I am much more of a good sport than you want to read into this thread.

Even going to sports bars, when I sit next to rival fans, I buy them beer, and my worst comments when they score are, "Neener neener" .

It's just a game dude! 

Here is another analogy. When Washington loses what should be an easy win, I think of them like a family member who farts at the Thanksgiving Table. You still love them, but you wish they wouldn't do that.

THAT is how I felt about today's loss.

Just to give you an idea of longing for Washington's limelight in the 80s, I came up with my own parody song of a 70s sitcom, see if you can guess which sitcom I am parodying or "spoofing".

Boy the way the Hogs did play,
Riggins made the Hit Parade
The Wild Buch Always won the game
Those were the days.

Extra credit, who was Riggins,
And what unit of the team did the "Wild Bunch" refer to?
And who did the "Hogs' refer to on the team?
You can’t be spoofing just one sitcom (I see you still don’t understand the word), but you’re parodying a song (‘Those Were The Days’), not the sitcom (‘All In The Family’).

Riggins was a football player. ‘Hogs’ refers to the team’s offensive line. ‘The Wild Bunch’ is a highly overrated western.

But please continue to be snotty and insulting for no reason. It’s the closest thing you possess to an endearing quality.

Boru
(September 27, 2020 at 5:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You can’t be spoofing just one sitcom (I see you still don’t understand the word), but you’re parodying a song (‘Those Were The Days’), not the sitcom (‘All In The Family’).

Riggins was a football player. ‘Hogs’ refers to the team’s offensive line. ‘The Wild Bunch’ is a highly overrated western.

Boru

Got most of it. No, the "Wild Bunch" referred to the offensive line wide receiver core.  They were also known as "The Fun Bunch". 

Riggins was nicknamed "The Diesel", because like an 18 wheeler he wouldn't dance as a running back he would run right over you. He was strictly North and South as a running back. You didn't want to be the guy trying to tackle him. 

Yes, the "Hogs" were the offensive line,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleveland to change MLB name for 22 season. Brian37 5 556 July 23, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: no one