Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Political Parties Mean Nothing
Why Political Parties Mean Nothing
It is funny to hear (currently) ( D )s screaming about the evil administration - considering - Both the president and vice president started out as members of the ( D ) party. (Of course the scream would come from the other side of the aisle were things the other way around).(and it comes from both sides - Hillary Clinton.swapped too).

Were they evil before they switched parties?

What kind of magic changes a person when they swap parties?

If there isn't any magic - then how can party membership define a person?

There's another possibility - evil pricks swap parties when they think it will garner them more votes.

If you are party loyal - you are condoning such behavior...

Take a look - it's not a small number of switchers..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...ted_States
RE: Why Political Parties Mean Nothing
If people can change their minds so that they buck party affiliations in response to issues important to them, then it stands to reason that political candidates can as well.

If party disloyalty is a value making metric, it seems as though you should be applauding them, not insisting that they are evil on account of doing what you would prescribe they do.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yes, the parties are just voting blocks much like "Christian" and "LGBTQ" these banners were created as rally points to focus power for use by THEM. The lizard overlords or the illuminati. Ok, really just people group together and with the realization that if you say Catholic you will entice many less people so you water that shit down to, "Um, if you can present intellectual assent to the idea that Christ was a thing you should listen to us and vote like us."

I've read the platforms of both political parties and they both sound like noble parties with the good of the people in their mind. How that platform is expressed though... yeesh on both counts!
1. Being a member of a party doesn't mean you support every member in the party as parties are free for anyone to join . The goals of the party are more important then who's in it . 

2. Even evil bastards can have good positions and those good position can be abandoned with party affiliation

3. Hillary as bad as she is was apparently was way worst as a Republican . Trump was always a bastard but he at least support some good positions now he's fully embraced being a dick . Pence was a Democrat when the Democrats will still purging southern conservatives  from their ranks. But he has embraced the dickery that is the Republican party .

So this whole argument fails
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

It’s long been a truism in UK politics that the chief difference between the two main parties is that the Conservatives want a massive military but don’t want to send it anywhere, while Labour want a small military but want to send it everywhere.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I find "party loyalty" to be an aberration from values. If Tjóðveldið politicians suddenly became a bag of dicks and had a bag of dicking political platform, I'd stop voting for my favorite politician in it.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(September 28, 2020 at 9:21 am)onlinebiker Wrote: There's another possibility - evil pricks swap parties when they think it will garner them more votes.

If you are party loyal - you are condoning such behavior...

Loyalty to values is a virtue.  Loyalty to party OR to one's own political future at the expense of values is the evil.

Some swap because their side doesn't reflect their values any more.  Some swap just to maximize their chance at power.  Only the last one is an evil prick.

(likewise, I change the party I vote for on a regular basis, when they change their platforms or get too drunk on power. That doesn't make me a disloyal prick either)
Contrary to popular belief, not all politicians are bad. Some are dead.
(September 28, 2020 at 6:29 pm)no one Wrote: Contrary to popular belief, not all politicians are bad. Some are dead.

There is a ceremony that turns an idealistic, caring and fundamentally decent person into a snarling,  evil, conniving prick, with only re-election, increasing and staying in their position of power.

It's called an inauguration.
[Image: Dildos.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those Political Memes Foxaèr 825 57608 April 16, 2024 at 9:06 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Political Zoo Foxaèr 7 794 December 10, 2023 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  When is political violence justified? FrustratedFool 54 2907 September 8, 2023 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 844 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3035 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 2348 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  political strategy Hillbillyatheist 23 1939 January 12, 2022 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  That Political Scene Foxaèr 4 666 September 27, 2021 at 6:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6845 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 554 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye