Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:19 pm

Poll: Who do you think is winning?
This poll is closed.
Trump
6.67%
1 6.67%
Biden
93.33%
14 93.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump vs Biden debate
Trump vs Biden debate
Trump got his ass kicked in the debate between him and Biden as I heard; I saw some polls online and they were stating the same fact.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/29/polit...index.html

Quote:As Trump was wrapping up a nearly unwatchable 90 minutes in which his interruptions often made it impossible for viewers to follow what the two men were talking about, moderator Chris Wallace asked Trump whether he would urge his supporters to "stay calm and" avoid any civil unrest, and would pledge not to "declare victory until the election has been independently certified."

"I'm urging supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully," Trump said, on a night where he continued his unfounded attacks on voting by mail. "If it's a fair election, I am 100% on board. But if I see tens of thousands of ballots being manipulated, I can't go along with that."

Is this the beginning of his decline? 

What do you think?
RE: Trump vs Biden debate
It has been obvious to most people before the debate that Trump would stroll on with his inanity and fear-mongering. This debate was just business as usual from that clown.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Didn't watch.  Wouldn't watch. These things aren't debates.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 30, 2020 at 4:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Didn't watch.  Wouldn't watch. These things aren't debates.

Boru

It's posturing, yeah.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(September 30, 2020 at 4:16 am)Sal Wrote:
(September 30, 2020 at 4:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Didn't watch.  Wouldn't watch. These things aren't debates.

Boru

It's posturing, yeah.

Agreed. I’d like to meet whatever feep came up with the idea that discussing six important topics in 90 minutes of two minute sound bites is going to inform the electorate of anything.

Had it been set up as an actual debate, I might be interested.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Trumpanizes will see what they want to see and literally make up what they saw. The reality is Trump came across as a schoolyard bully and unpresedential. These networks hosting these debates need to grow a sack and start cutting mics. Or are they too scared of Trumpies getting mad at them? Also they need to do fact checks during the debate. Kind of like how the hosts on CSPAN do with callers.
(September 30, 2020 at 5:18 am)ILikeRedBull Wrote: Trumpanizes will see what they want to see and literally make up what they saw. The reality is Trump came across as a schoolyard bully and unpresedential. These networks hosting these debates need to grow a sack and start cutting mics. Or are they too scared of Trumpies getting mad at them? Also they need to do fact checks during the debate. Kind of like how the hosts on CSPAN do with callers.

They won't cut mics and they won't fact check, not ever.  Why?  Because the purpose here is to entertain, not to inform. The networks WANT to see name calling, candidates lose their tempers, and so on.  That's good tv, mate.

Boru
The recent canard by WP "Democracy dies in darkness" from 2017 should've been "Democracy dies in a shouting match" instead.
(September 30, 2020 at 3:51 am)WinterHold Wrote: Trump got his ass kicked in the debate between him and Biden as I heard; I saw some polls online and they were stating the same fact.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/29/polit...index.html

Quote:As Trump was wrapping up a nearly unwatchable 90 minutes in which his interruptions often made it impossible for viewers to follow what the two men were talking about, moderator Chris Wallace asked Trump whether he would urge his supporters to "stay calm and" avoid any civil unrest, and would pledge not to "declare victory until the election has been independently certified."

"I'm urging supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully," Trump said, on a night where he continued his unfounded attacks on voting by mail. "If it's a fair election, I am 100% on board. But if I see tens of thousands of ballots being manipulated, I can't go along with that."

Is this the beginning of his decline? 

What do you think?

Here is one aspect of the rest of the world I can concede, and am guilty of myself. I talk to people all over the world on the internet, and everyone outside America knows more about our politics than we know of other countries.

I cant tell you who your leaders are. But to give you an example, my ex wife when Trump won in 2016, she was already back in Japan, and PMed me on Facebook and asked me "What the fuck just happened".

I have a friend online from Pakistan, he too was paying attention to the debate last night. 

I think Biden stumbled a few times, but he got some really good licks in too. I also thought that Chris Wallace, the debate moderator, who works for the Trump state network Farts Noise(Fox News) really bucked his network's boss Rupert Murdoch's right wing agenda by holding Trump to account.
There was no clear winner, but there was a clear loser.

Us.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 27163 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Biden Losing It onlinebiker 287 17867 November 7, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hunter Biden sells art for up to $750K brewer 21 1866 July 14, 2021 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 25162 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 994 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Biden recognizes the Armenian genocide Fake Messiah 3 379 April 25, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 857 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 5175 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Let's fill Biden's cabinet. Gawdzilla Sama 54 4143 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump vs Biden Foxaèr 93 3998 November 8, 2020 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Sal