Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor thing
Poor thing
The saddest, most haunting scene you will see Sad
This monster is half human.
Don't watch if you don't want to waste "Aliens: Resurrection":

RE: Poor thing
I suppose I’m just a callous, heartless bastard - the fate of people in the land of make believe doesn’t affect me all that much.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 4, 2020 at 4:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I suppose I’m just a callous, heartless bastard - the fate of people in the land of make believe doesn’t affect me all that much.

Boru
Just look at his guts going inside then out with the scream similar to "Oh no".......
You are heartless and have no emotions !
(October 4, 2020 at 7:36 am)WinterHold Wrote:
(October 4, 2020 at 4:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I suppose I’m just a callous, heartless bastard - the fate of people in the land of make believe doesn’t affect me all that much.

Boru
Just look at his guts going inside then out with the scream similar to "Oh no".......
You are heartless and have no emotions !

Not for theatrical tragedy, I don’t. I find it hard to empathize with pretend monsters. I save my grief for hungry children in Palestinian refugee camps, for African families who can’t get access to medical care because of local warlords, for the millions of displaced people around the world.

But you go right ahead and feel sorry for the space creature.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
At work.

Wait, I'm confused.

WinterHold is asking for people to 'Feel' and 'Empathize' with a fictitious being whos genesis is that of an (Relativly) insane genetic experiment the purpose of which was to artificially create a tractable slave species with which said corporation could 'Sell' and hence make profit from as a 'Bioligical weapon'. One of which side effects is to also be simply terrifying?

What, the actual, fek?

At work.

The simple reason the original Alien was so alien is exactly that. It's biology, life cycle, everything was 'Different' from terrestrial norm.

Mr Geiger's bio-organic art style certainly helped add to that 'Otherness' and 'Uncanny valley' to which the Human phsyche is prone.
(October 4, 2020 at 7:57 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Wait, I'm confused.

WinterHold is asking for people to 'Feel' and 'Empathize' with a fictitious being whos genesis is that of an (Relativly) insane genetic experiment the purpose of which was to artificially create a tractable slave species with which said corporation could 'Sell' and hence make profit from as a 'Bioligical weapon'. One of which side effects is to also be simply terrifying?

What, the actual, fek?

At work.

The simple reason the original Alien was so alien is exactly that. It's biology, life cycle, everything was 'Different' from terrestrial norm.

Mr Geiger's bio-organic art style certainly helped add to that 'Otherness' and 'Uncanny valley' to which the Human phsyche is prone.

You’re over-analyzing, I think. The proper take-away is that Winter cares more about fictional goop monsters than he does about actual people.

Boru
At work.

True.

Thouth the movie itself is a good example of the creators (Writers, Directors etc) not having any good ideas or grasp of the original source material.

"Evil corporations doing evil corporation things." can only go so far before falling into the trope of "It's not truly evil until it's insane Nazi-superscience evil." inane trope.

Though "Overlord" the movie actually does the "Hideously evil Nazi-super weird science" theme rather well. I must say.
Let's not forget religious loons have a difficult time distinguishing between reality and fantasy.
^^^^^^^^

This.

Exactly.
(October 4, 2020 at 9:03 am)no one Wrote: Let's not forget religious loons have a difficult time distinguishing between reality and fantasy.

Well, he hasn’t quite said the Koran predicted alien xenomorph/human Hybrids.........yet

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The sexiest thing ever Aroura 4 442 October 11, 2018 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Christian gang up on poor gay coffe shop owner, and they kick him out of his own shop Drich 12 1109 October 10, 2017 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  How is this a thing? Cyberman 13 2081 March 20, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  The sort of thing you never hear from a mic.... The Grand Nudger 4 1336 September 30, 2011 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh