Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for the guys
One for the guys
This came up in discussion amongst guys this week.

Guys have their own way of "decorating" an area that is quite unlike how women do. Women put up curtains. Men put up racks of power tools 

So guys - what is something you have always wanted in "your" space?

My domain is my garage/workshop. It's been a work in progress for 20 years. I have all the tools I need and then some.

The one thing I would love to put in (and will, when I find one cheap) is a stainless topped, chilled water fountain.....
RE: One for the guys
Digital music production studio - recapture my youth.
(October 4, 2020 at 12:59 pm)Lawz Wrote: Digital music production studio - recapture my youth.

You gotta be a lot younger than me.

I did a show on KMXT in Kodiak Ak in the early 80's.

We used 2 track reel to reel.....

Cutting and splicing meant exactly that. Cutting the tape on a diagonal with a razor blade and taping pieces together....
I started in around '98 age 17 - MIDI instruments, no "digital audio" as couldn't afford a sampler and PCs weren't really up to the job yet. Spent my first student loan on a £1000 Yamaha A4000 sampler lolz then had to work shitty catering jobs to pay for food hahaha - regrets? Zero.
Halle Berry.
Kaley Cuoco.
Amanda Righetti.
A.J. Cook.
A never ending lobster tank.
A fully functional trump and staff voodoo doll.
I really need to watch Monster's Ball again...
Funny you should bring this up. Just a week ago, I completed my collection of antique (pre WWI) Japanese pull saws. Only took 15 years. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
According to google images sawtooth audio synthesizer waveforms can be either "push" or "pull" "shaped...hmmmmm
My "domain" is a small portion of a two-car garage, about 30% of it is available for me to work wood or metal. I'm talking with my wife about moving to cooler weather. If we do move, there will be a dedicated, existing building for my hobbies. I didn't have that when I moved here, though I was assured that I would. Turns out there's no place to put one that complies with the city's building restrictions. All space is tools (portable table saw, etc.) and cabinets to put things in. There's little room to even walk, unless one is careful. If we do move, the moving company is going to pack our stuff. Except for the expensive sewing machine(s) and my tools. Those I will handle.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 4, 2020 at 1:37 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Funny you should bring this up. Just a week ago, I completed my collection of antique (pre WWI) Japanese pull saws. Only took 15 years. Smile

Boru
What's a pull saw and what is their use?

(October 4, 2020 at 2:24 pm)Fireball Wrote: My "domain" is a small portion of a two-car garage, about 30% of it is available for me to work wood or metal. I'm talking with my wife about moving to cooler weather. If we do move, there will be a dedicated, existing building for my hobbies. I didn't have that when I moved here, though I was assured that I would. Turns out there's no place to put one that complies with the city's building restrictions. All space is tools (portable table saw, etc.) and cabinets to put things in. There's little room to even walk, unless one is careful. If we do move, the moving company is going to pack our stuff. Except for the expensive sewing machine(s) and my tools. Those I will handle.

Stone's Law - (a biker buddy of mine)

Any workspace you build must be built twice as big.

Repeat as needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You guys heard of Turo? ignoramus 21 1483 December 10, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3143 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The "good guys" - models of kindness and tolerance onlinebiker 26 1732 November 9, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1697 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5231 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Any other guys experience this? Foxaèr 61 8522 April 16, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: johan
  Hi guys! robvalue 63 5643 April 15, 2018 at 5:55 am
Last Post: robvalue
  This happen to any other guys? Foxaèr 47 9325 March 22, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  For the GUYS only here... A quick poll... Joods 102 7122 March 8, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  What do you think guys? purplepurpose 15 1720 January 25, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Losty