Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another gun discussion part deux.
Another gun discussion part deux.
Well believe it or not, I went out and got my FFL Federal Firearms license. So i am a licenses dealer in everything but destructive devices. I even have the ammo manufacturing license. which means i'm up on most/all the federal laws and current readings of laws for fire arm transfer. i cant can not sell anything on line so this is not a sale call/advertisement but an opportunity to have a discussion with someone who has a current understanding of how the laws are structured what laws are in place and what can be obtained and what is fake news.  Most of the stuff i've seen discussed in the past here is indeed fake news. Gun's are not readily available to any one including on duty police officers and military unless they have a letter from their commanding officers that the particular firearm being purchased is in fact their primary on duty firearm or replacement. everyone has to wait 3 days unless the have their CCL which requires you to submit to pre registration of all the firearm info. Everyone is subject to a comperhensive federal back ground check, this includes CCL holder as well.. 

Also I've seen people talk about gun show loop holes.. there aren't any. as a FFL the same rules apply except where as in a normal sale it has to be done at my retail store over the counter. the gun show transaction can happen at the gun show. but the same federal back ground check still needs to happen and the same wait period applies if you are not a conceal carry person. which usually means you have to pick up only at my store. 

So if you still say we need more gun laws... what more in your mind needs to be done with in the frame work of the 2nd amendment?
RE: Another gun discussion part deux.
Quote:So if you still say we need more gun laws... what more in your mind needs to be done with in the frame work of the 2nd amendment?

Either get rid of that amendment entirely or adhere to it entirely. In other words, make firearm ownership a privilege (not a right), or require every firearm owner to serve in ‘a well-regulated militia’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 5, 2020 at 4:46 pm)Drich Wrote: Well believe it or not, I went out and got my FFL Federal Firearms license. So i am a licenses dealer in everything but destructive devices. I even have the ammo manufacturing license. which means i'm up on most/all the federal laws and current readings of laws for fire arm transfer. i cant can not sell anything on line so this is not a sale call/advertisement but an opportunity to have a discussion with someone who has a current understanding of how the laws are structured what laws are in place and what can be obtained and what is fake news.  Most of the stuff i've seen discussed in the past here is indeed fake news. Gun's are not readily available to any one including on duty police officers and military unless they have a letter from their commanding officers that the particular firearm being purchased is in fact their primary on duty firearm or replacement. everyone has to wait 3 days unless the have their CCL which requires you to submit to pre registration of all the firearm info. Everyone is subject to a comperhensive federal back ground check, this includes CCL holder as well.. 

Also I've seen people talk about gun show loop holes.. there aren't any. as a FFL the same rules apply except where as in a normal sale it has to be done at my retail store over the counter. the gun show transaction can happen at the gun show. but the same federal back ground check still needs to happen and the same wait period applies if you are not a conceal carry person. which usually means you have to pick up only at my store. 

So if you still say we need more gun laws... what more in your mind needs to be done with in the frame work of the 2nd amendment?
Sounds dubious.

To my knowledge the ONLY online sales are to C+R license holders (and of course only C+R eligible firearms) AND all FFL holders can advertise and sell online - but can only ship to another FFL holder.

Correct me if I am wrong.
A complete religious loon with a licensed firearm, what a frightening thought.
(October 5, 2020 at 4:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:So if you still say we need more gun laws... what more in your mind needs to be done with in the frame work of the 2nd amendment?

Either get rid of that amendment entirely or adhere to it entirely. In other words, make firearm ownership a privilege (not a right), or require every firearm owner to serve in ‘a well-regulated militia’.

Boru

militia is not regular army you know that right? a militia are those guns who show up to antifa rallies and 'guard' store fronts. kyle what's his name that shot 3 dudes is considered militia. I honestly believe most of us who do own long guns have several other people we hang out with that could very well be considered a small squad or even platoon of militia men. On the right I do not see that as an issue. however gun ownership on the left seems to be more self serving. there isn't a prevalent gun culture to speak of and when one is assembled (the not F-ing around boys/the all black open carry guys) can't seem to get together without negligently discharging their guns and shooting one another with them. Honestly the 2nd amendment is the only reason we have not plunged into a civil war yet.
(October 5, 2020 at 5:13 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 5, 2020 at 4:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Either get rid of that amendment entirely or adhere to it entirely. In other words, make firearm ownership a privilege (not a right), or require every firearm owner to serve in ‘a well-regulated militia’.

Boru

militia is not regular army you know that right? a militia are those guns who show up to antifa rallies and 'guard' store fronts. kyle what's his name that shot 3 dudes is considered militia. I honestly believe most of us who do own long guns have several other people we hang out with that could very well be considered a small squad or even platoon of militia men. On the right I do not see that as an issue. however gun ownership on the left seems to be more self serving. there isn't a prevalent gun culture to speak of and when one is assembled (the not F-ing around boys/the all black open carry guys) can't seem to get together without negligently discharging their guns and shooting one another with them. Honestly the 2nd amendment is the only reason we have not plunged into a civil war yet.
You are talking out your ass.

The Militia is defunct.

It does not exist as it was designed and intended. Random bastards running about with guns are not The Militia.

The Militia is - all able bodied men between the ages of 18 and 45 years of age. The commissioning of officers, awarding of ranks and training therof is the juristiction of the Governor of each state.

Seeing that no Governor has done that since the 1800's you might as well forget about the militia.

And no - the National Guard is not the militia. It does not fit the Constitutional definition of militia.
(October 5, 2020 at 4:59 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(October 5, 2020 at 4:46 pm)Drich Wrote: Well believe it or not, I went out and got my FFL Federal Firearms license. So i am a licenses dealer in everything but destructive devices. I even have the ammo manufacturing license. which means i'm up on most/all the federal laws and current readings of laws for fire arm transfer. i cant can not sell anything on line so this is not a sale call/advertisement but an opportunity to have a discussion with someone who has a current understanding of how the laws are structured what laws are in place and what can be obtained and what is fake news.  Most of the stuff i've seen discussed in the past here is indeed fake news. Gun's are not readily available to any one including on duty police officers and military unless they have a letter from their commanding officers that the particular firearm being purchased is in fact their primary on duty firearm or replacement. everyone has to wait 3 days unless the have their CCL which requires you to submit to pre registration of all the firearm info. Everyone is subject to a comperhensive federal back ground check, this includes CCL holder as well.. 

Sounds dubious.

To my knowledge the ONLY online sales are to C+R license holders (and of course only C+R eligible firearms) AND all FFL holders can advertise and sell online - but can only ship to another FFL holder.

the 03 c&R I did have and that allows for purchases on line only. still cant sell or transfer on line.. the 06 is for ammo manufacturing. can have more than 50lbs of loose powder on hand. any more would have to have the explosive devise/ordnance licenses. the 07 allows me to receive from ffl and non ffl sources, and i can sell and ship but not to any of you. it would have to be another ffl. that what i mean i cant sell to any of you... I can send a fire arm to any of you directly. you could technicall buy from me and i could send it to your local gun shop but by the time he gets done with his jealous fee for not going to him in the first place/paper work transfer, you could probably buy the gun twice. the only reason to do a transfer like that is if someone dies, you buy a gun like on a on line auction and get it stupid cheap or you just gotta have the newest or a special order custom competition gun, and your guy only sells muskets. most gun store owners are like elite comic book store owners who graduate to guns. they dont tend to like business going other places.

(October 5, 2020 at 4:59 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:

Sounds dubious.

(October 5, 2020 at 5:00 pm)no one Wrote: A complete religious loon with a licensed firearm, what a frightening thought.
no no.. not A gun.. A gun store. I had many many guns for a long long time.. started with my grandfather collection of WWII guns and moved on. Now I have a FFL which is the federal licenses and permits to assemble ammo and sell firearms to the public.
Even worse.
(October 5, 2020 at 5:13 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 5, 2020 at 4:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Either get rid of that amendment entirely or adhere to it entirely. In other words, make firearm ownership a privilege (not a right), or require every firearm owner to serve in ‘a well-regulated militia’.

Boru

Like so many people who have trouble with complex sentences, you glossed over the ‘well regulated’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

I will be the first to admit, I am a horrible speller and with syntax, but I certainly hope when you filled out your application you didn't submit this crap.

FYI, it isn't about simply gun laws, it is about volume made by the gun corporations, and volume sold.

I have no felonies myself. If I wanted to go out right now, and buy a firearm tomorrow, I could. Now, everyone who knows me here ask them if I should simply have one because I have no record.

NOBODY sane is arguing banning all firearms. The sane are simply saying our laws DON'T WORK. If they did, we would not be #1 in firearm violence among first world western nations.

One can take their kids out for candy and soda and feed them an unlimited amount too. But pretty sure it is going to be a cluster fuck at night trying to get them to sleep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1627 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 111613 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 3805 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1099 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9950 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  The worst part of the pandemic - onlinebiker 19 1550 April 4, 2020 at 7:54 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1743 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1200 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 3695 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 11953 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am