Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me through the ages
Me through the ages
How have I aged?

[Image: 120894622_10164331119560002_677320616894...e=5FA18C50]

Feel free to share your transitions from younger to older.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Me through the ages
My pictures through the ages should be in a medical textbook under the section titled "Don't try this at home".
(October 7, 2020 at 9:40 am)Eleven Wrote: How have I aged?

[Image: 120894622_10164331119560002_677320616894...e=5FA18C50]

Feel free to share your transitions from younger to older.

Gay as a Prada bag full of rainbows. It suits you.   Great

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Here's me at 21:

[Image: DSCN0599.jpg]

And the only things that've changed in the intervening years besides most of the individual items of clothing wearing out and being replaced:
  • The beard's longer (though I've long ago accepted that it's probably never going to reach ZZ Top lengths)
  • I've been wearing a Breathe-rite strip across my nose for years (although if the septotomy I've got scheduled for Friday works, I'll probably never need it again.)
  • In 2018, I added a goose feather to the cap.
I latched onto this look sometime in high school (though the dress code forbade it while classes were in session, I wore it and grew out my beard when I could), went full-time once I graduated (though I doff the overshirt in warmer weather), and have no plans to change it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I post completely naked in front of 2 computer screens, using a cheap Windows 10 machine.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
So, because, odds are, by the time I get to a position where my face isn’t marred by bandages from tomorrow’s septotomy, this thread will portably Peter out, here’s a comparison picture.
Me at 21:
[Image: DSCN0599.jpg]

Me at 30:
[Image: 63-D1-D6-A9-725-D-477-D-A7-EF-CFEA991-A0-F33.jpg]

Is that an onyx bolo tie?
(October 8, 2020 at 3:47 pm)Ranjr Wrote: Is that an onyx bolo tie?

Yep. Sorta like the one John Travolta wore in Pulp Fiction, except the slide is just a large stone set in a chrome rope border. Somehow, it doesn't seem like they make one with that slide for commercial sale. At least not that I could find online.

(October 8, 2020 at 4:20 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Yep. Sorta like the one John Travolta wore in Pulp Fiction, except the slide is just a large stone set in a chrome rope border.

I like it.  I have a turquoise bolo my Uncle Roxy wore that I should wear more often.
(October 8, 2020 at 4:25 pm)Ranjr Wrote:
(October 8, 2020 at 4:20 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Yep. Sorta like the one John Travolta wore in Pulp Fiction, except the slide is just a large stone set in a chrome rope border.

I like it.  I have a turquoise bolo my Uncle Roxy wore that I should wear more often.

I wear my bolo more or less every time I leave the house (except for when I’m taking out the trash, getting the mail, and it looks like I’ll have to leave it home before going out for surgery tomorrow), and, yes, even when I don’t have a collared shirt, and I think the fact that black Onyx is so high on the Mohs scale helps with that.