Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1rst Pres debate vs the VP debate and mods.
1rst Pres debate vs the VP debate and mods.
I am reading a lot of opinions about how Susan Page did last night. I am surprised at how many are calling her weak. I didn't see here doing anything differently than Chris Wallace did in the first Presidential debate. It can be said that Trump threw a gigantic tantrum vs Pence who was still rude, and interrupted but acted like a robot. 

But I don't get the criticism of Susan Page last night as mod of the VP debate. I think she, like Wallace, were treating Trump/Pence, respectively, like that bratty kid in the checkout isle when you refuse to buy candy for them. Sometimes a parent gets to the point, "yea yea yea yea, ok ok ok, ignore them, let them throw their tantrum, and eventually they calm down."

Her repeated, "Thank you, thank you, thank you", to nudge Pence to move on, I didn't see as weak, I saw it, like I said, like a parent letting the kid throw the fit to wear himself out. And her repetition, I could see the frustration in Pence's face in that he lost the moment because of it.
RE: 1rst Pres debate vs the VP debate and mods.
Guess the Trump campaign has given up on the suburban woman vote.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 8, 2020 at 10:01 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Guess the Trump campaign has given up on the suburban woman vote.

No no no, I am strictly talking about views of the mods.

I was surprised this morning that the left, and I AM REALLY LEFT. Not all, but many on the left were calling Susan weak.

I am not talking about the candidates, even those who criticized Susan, were on the same page that outside the mods, Pence didn't help peal away female votes. My problem is how they criticized her. 

Pence didn't do shit to gain the support of women, and quite frankly I think he lost many men too.

Harris cleaned his clock in my POV.

I am simply miffed that those on the left, my fellow left, gave Susan a hard time.
Last night's moderator was better than Wallace.  She warned them when they went over, then talked over them until they shut up.  The format and questions were better.  

She tore him up because he had the most lies and negative outcomes to defend.  Also, Pence has no personality to draw from, and she won several points with facial expressions and the motherly, "I'm talking right now."  

Whoever had "fracking" in he office pool buys the next round.
(October 8, 2020 at 10:23 am)Ranjr Wrote: Last night's moderator was better than Wallace.  She warned them when they went over, then talked over them until they shut up.  The format and questions were better.  

She tore him up because he had the most lies and negative outcomes to defend.  Also, Pence has no personality to draw from, and she won several points with facial expressions and the motherly, "I'm talking right now."  

I think Susan handled Pence perfectly. I think she treated him in a clam manor like a parent with a kid throwing a fit.
Didn’t watch, so no opinion on the moderator, and I’ve already formed my opinions of Pence and Harris.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 8, 2020 at 10:28 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 8, 2020 at 10:23 am)Ranjr Wrote: Last night's moderator was better than Wallace.  She warned them when they went over, then talked over them until they shut up.  The format and questions were better.  

I think Susan handled Pence perfectly. I think she treated him in a clam manor like a parent with a kid throwing a fit.

Is that a big country house where clams live?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Maya Rudolph is going to have big fun this Saturday.
(October 8, 2020 at 10:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Didn’t watch, so no opinion on the moderator, and I’ve already formed my opinions of Pence and Harris.

Boru

I get that many didn't watch, and think "what is the point?" I get that. I didn't watch because I thought it would be earth shattering. I watched because I knew Harris would kick Pence's ass. 

But I can tell you regardless. If we were not talking about a politics, and  instead a sporting event, or boxing match, Harris knocked him out. 

Problem is, we are dealing with the absurdity of the Monty Python knight, who had both his arms and legs cut off.
(October 8, 2020 at 10:41 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 8, 2020 at 10:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Didn’t watch, so no opinion on the moderator, and I’ve already formed my opinions of Pence and Harris.

Boru

I get that many didn't watch, and think "what is the point?" I get that. I didn't watch because I thought it would be earth shattering. I watched because I knew Harris would kick Pence's ass. 

But I can tell you regardless. If we were not talking about a politics, and  instead a sporting event, or boxing match, Harris knocked him out. 

Problem is, we are dealing with the absurdity of the Monty Python knight, who had both his arms and legs cut off.

If you knew the outcome, why watch? Was it because you wanted to see a clam manor? If so, I can empathize with that.

Boru