Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dems don't show up.
Dems don't show up.
The Senate Judiciary Committee gave the thumbs up to Trump's pick for Supreme Court Justice -

But the ( D )s didn't show up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/5222...-committee

Now - by the logic of certain people here - their failure to show up is a vote FOR Barrett.....

So it was unanimous.

No?

Then don't tell me I am in favor of Trump - because I refuse to vote.
RE: Dems don't show up.
DUH and?

What is the point when the GOP won't play by their own rules?

Or did you forget Lindsey's lie about saying he would not seat a SCOTUS during an election cycle?

The GOP operates in the same mice print manor giant corporations use to overwork employees. They promise them incentives for meeting goals but never pay out and make excuse as to why you "really didn't meet those goals".

The same con many companies use when you buy a warrantee. 

Mitch denied Garland a review. Lindsey said he wouldn't but did. 

I see no point in dealing with lying hypocrites.
(October 22, 2020 at 3:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: DUH and?

What is the point when the GOP won't play by their own rules?

Or did you forget Lindsey's lie about saying he would not seat a SCOTUS during an election cycle?

The GOP operates in the same mice print manor giant corporations use to overwork employees. They promise them incentives for meeting goals but never pay out and make excuse as to why you "really didn't meet those goals".

The same con many companies use when you buy a warrantee. 

Mitch denied Garland a review. Lindsey said he wouldn't but did. 

I see no point in dealing with lying hypocrites.

Why would he grant Garland a review? Partisan politics dictate he had no chance of confirmation..

Just as Partisan politics dictate that Barrett will get confirmed.

Enjoy your two party politics.

You earned it by voting for it....
(October 22, 2020 at 2:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Then don't tell me I am in favor of Trump - because I refuse to vote.

It’s weird, it’s almost like there’s other things that make people think you’re a Trump supporter, like the fact despite your insistence that your political views are more varied than we think, in practice, you only seem to give us right-wing ideas, bad faith arguments that seem to favor the right, and knee-jerk hysteria at the thought of Gun control (though, to be fair, at least you’ve shown just enough nuance that you acknowledge outlawing openly carrying a gun into a polling place is okay.) You may be working on the assumption that all politicians are fundamentally corrupt, like you’re Ron Swanson with exponentially fewer relatable qualities, but given that A) the views you personally express here appear to lean pretty much to the right, and B) Donald Trump has basically become the Leader of a cult of personality on the American Right, this shouldn’t be too surprising to you. And I’m not even saying you need to turn AF into an echo chamber. I’m saying, if you resent being lumped in with the right so much, maybe you need to actually showcase the subtle nuances in your views more often. Hell, my political views are a bit more complicated than One might think at first glance and might be harder to pigeonhole than a lot of people’s, but I know where I tend to lean (pretty left-leaning), and if someone calls me “left-wing”, I admit it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 22, 2020 at 3:57 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(October 22, 2020 at 2:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Then don't tell me I am in favor of Trump - because I refuse to vote.

It’s weird, it’s almost like there’s other things that make people think you’re a Trump supporter, like the fact despite your insistence that your political views are more varied than we think, in practice, you only seem to give us right-wing ideas, bad faith arguments that seem to favor the right, and knee-jerk hysteria at the thought of Gun control (though, to be fair, at least you’ve shown just enough nuance that you acknowledge outlawing openly carrying a gun into a polling place is okay.)
How about I am pro-choice, think.women should be allowed to have any job - including military combat - if qualified -- think pot should be legal, ect

None of that counts unless I join the "I hate ( R )s" bandwagon, huh?

Ya see what you are comfortable seeing...
Or that you post you’re comfortable with posting. You’re pro-choice, you think women should be allowed have any job they can actually pull off, you’re pro-legalizing weed, I’m willing to admit that. But how often do you talk about those issues and not the kind where you have the sort of views that make people associate you with Trump? You want people to see the nuances in your views? Show them, and not just so you can show up people who try to pigeonhole you as a Trumper.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Are we to believe that trumpits must be forced birthing narcs with views on female employment out of the 60's?

People think that you're a trumpit because you show up when cops kill somebody. Because you show up when trump embarrasses himself. Because you show up when the trumpster needs some good old both sidesings. Because no ridiculous admin talking point is too ridiculous for you to ape. People think that you're a trumpit because you act like a trumpit.

Personally, I could only believe that you have a problem with the salesman, not the pitch.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This doesn't follow 

The Dems didn't vote in protest of Trump's appointment of an unhinged loon . They have made this clear 

You not voting for Trump (if we can even confirm that ) is at best apathy but says nothing of support or opposition

Quote:How about I am pro-choice, think.women should be allowed to have any job - including military combat - if qualified -- think pot should be legal, ect

You can be pro Trump and hold all the above 

Quote:None of that counts unless I join the "I hate ( R )s" bandwagon, huh?
No but none of it says anything at all 

Quote:Ya see what you are comfortable seeing
Nope only what i see a guy who constantly leaps to the orange assholes defense no matter how absurd the position
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 22, 2020 at 2:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Now - by the logic of certain people here - their failure to show up is a vote FOR Barrett.....

So it was unanimous.

No?

When the Dems boycot the vote, it is seen as a protest.  When you don't vote, it is seen as apathy.

Non-voters don't count.  The politicians can safely ignore you.  They know that nothing they could say or do would make you vote.  You simply don't care, so they won't care about you.

Now, if there were a set of protest parties, whose platforms laid out what their supporters needed the main parties to do before they would vote for them, then perhaps your protest vote would mean something.  But, you would still probably help elect the "other" party that you hate the most.
(October 22, 2020 at 2:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: The Senate Judiciary Committee gave the thumbs up to Trump's pick for Supreme Court Justice -

But the ( D )s didn't show up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/5222...-committee

Now - by the logic of certain people here - their failure to show up is a vote FOR Barrett.....

So it was unanimous.

No?

No.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: First Images of Saudi Nuclear Reactor Show Plant Nearing Finish WinterHold 0 280 April 3, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump Turns G-7 into a Reality Show Jehanne 136 15606 June 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD. The Grand Nudger 2 449 February 2, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Enjoy The Show, Europe Minimalist 21 3858 May 27, 2017 at 3:40 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Just to show, who's boots we're licking in the EU, as well as in the USA abaris 9 2595 January 4, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  The Daily Show Examines Two Scandals... Minimalist 0 708 April 23, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please thank the Today show. Brian37 1 925 April 18, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Today Show pissing me off. Brian37 12 3148 April 3, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Colbert Takes Over The Late Show FlyingNarwhal 7 2789 April 11, 2014 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  The Daily Show 4-2 Minimalist 0 799 April 3, 2014 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist