Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plessy v Ferguson
Plessy v Ferguson
Just looked this up right after seeing it as a Final Jeopardy answer. I had not heard of this case until now.

It basically upheld  segregation for public facilities " as long as the quality was equal".

What a load of bullshit. Well that didn't fix shit. 

This is the same "separate but equal" bullshit the Pope uses today to pretend gays are equal when backing same sex unions but not not calling it marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plessy_v._Ferguson
RE: Plessy v Ferguson
If it makes you feel any better, 58 years later, the Court would later decide that "the doctrine of "separate but equal" has no place. Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 23, 2020 at 8:09 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: If it makes you feel any better, 58 years later, the Court would later decide that "the doctrine of "separate but equal" has no place. Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal."

Well while there still is inequity, ending segregation was a good thing. But even with public schools I wouldn't relegate lack of resources to only minority zip codes. They certainly are hurt more on average. But especially with schools, even suburban and rural schools are getting fucked by the GOP.

I'd say most of our problems today which perpetuate inequity, are old rich white men pointing to the middle class and working class of all zip codes and races and saying, " You better look out for the other guy", meanwhile they are picking everyone's pockets.
(October 23, 2020 at 8:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Just looked this up right after seeing it as a Final Jeopardy answer. I had not heard of this case until now.

It basically upheld  segregation for public facilities " as long as the quality was equal".

What a load of bullshit. Well that didn't fix shit. 

This is the same "separate but equal" bullshit the Pope uses today to pretend gays are equal when backing same sex unions but not not calling it marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plessy_v._Ferguson

Find a nice Catholic boy didja?

Big Grin