Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychological Development of Cult child
Psychological Development of Cult child
I'm writing a research paper and need some help.

Moderator Notice
Post deleted.

From the Rules:

Quote:
  1. Advertisements in posts are not allowed without prior staff approval. If you would like permission to advertise, please contact staff using the Questions for Staff subforum. 

Please note that this rule also applies to people conducting research, surveys, or asking for members to sign petitions or join causes.

Boru

RE: Psychological Development of Cult child
Ask them to watch a few episodes of "Breaking Amish" and they'll see how "hyper-religious" upbringings stunt knowledge.
It's like, once a quarter, some student thinks it would be novel to question us to pad out their religious studies paper.
Interesting name too...AndyRobo3.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 26, 2020 at 3:15 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Interesting name too...AndyRobo3.

Yup. The very reddest of flags.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Damn, I was going to sell him a paper.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 26, 2020 at 3:12 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: It's like, once a quarter, some student thinks it would be novel to question us to pad out their religious studies paper.

It's a bit early in the academic year though. These homeschool kids don't usually get their "convert heathens on the internet" project until the spring semester.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Just yet another poor uninformed sucker who needs to be shown the ropes. I expect them to not return. Surprise me, OP.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(October 26, 2020 at 8:36 pm)Nomad Wrote:
(October 26, 2020 at 3:12 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: It's like, once a quarter, some student thinks it would be novel to question us to pad out their religious studies paper.

It's a bit early in the academic year though.  These homeschool kids don't usually get their "convert heathens on the internet" project until the spring semester.

I certainly hold no hostility and I've seen as many atheists come pumping at our well of knowledge (much less as of late) and it is weird to me that they don't just go find some actual studies to obtain what they need. My only thought is that they are compelled by the assignment to find live fresh meat to interview. About that, I am, at least, not very fresh. My best by date was sometime in 2012.
(October 26, 2020 at 8:48 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:
(October 26, 2020 at 8:36 pm)Nomad Wrote: It's a bit early in the academic year though.  These homeschool kids don't usually get their "convert heathens on the internet" project until the spring semester.

I certainly hold no hostility and I've seen as many atheists come pumping at our well of knowledge (much less as of late) and it is weird to me that they don't just go find some actual studies to obtain what they need. My only thought is that they are compelled by the assignment to find live fresh meat to interview. About that, I am, at least, not very fresh. My best by date was sometime in 2012.

Moldy opinions? Spineless worm facts? A big stink of research? j/k
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Psychological criminal profiling. paulpablo 28 7872 June 7, 2017 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Shell B
  The psychological aftermath of the drone war Something completely different 0 773 December 16, 2012 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  My child is a better critical thinker than I am Gambit 16 7547 August 31, 2012 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Gambit