Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am learning accounting and i like it !!!!!!
I am learning accounting and i like it !!!!!!
I have started learning accounting from 12 May 2020 , and i am loving it suddenly .

In the beginning it was really hard . I had some free time and one day i decided to learn accounting and joined an institution , They are teaching me accounting online with the help of Zoom software .

My accounting classes are online only because of the Covid - 19 .

Only few more lessons to go to finish the manual accounting classes .

After that they will start teaching me SAP accounting software

Are there any accountants in this forum ?

Thanks
RE: I am learning accounting and i like it !!!!!!
(October 28, 2020 at 12:15 pm)Ashwin39 Wrote: I have started learning accounting from 12 May 2020 , and i am loving it suddenly .

In the beginning it was really hard . I had some free time and one day i decided to learn accounting and joined an institution , They are teaching me accounting online with the help of Zoom software .

My accounting classes are online only because of the Covid - 19 .

Only few more lessons to go to finish the manual accounting classes .

After that they will start teaching me SAP accounting software

Are there any accountants in this forum ?

Thanks

I am not an accountant but have been a bookkeeper for a thousand years.  My advice is to learn all the accounting software packages you can.  There are a lot of them out there....some good, some not so good, some made in-house and very specific to a business.

I took a bookkeeping class when I was a senior in high school because I needed an elective.  In the first class we were assigned to complete the first chapter - text and workbook (long before the computer days).  I came in two days later with the first nine chapters completed.  It just came naturally to me.  Nice thing is that I didn't have to attend that class any more except to take tests when they came along.

There is always work in the accounting field. From the bottom - bookkeepers like me, to the CPAs.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I took the "business" route in high school. The last semester was doing the books for a small business. I suggested that we not tear our tally sheets off the one and only ten key calculator in the classroom. The teacher liked the idea. When we were done the tape stretched the length of the school and out into the parking lot.
Thanks for the reply arewethereyet ,

Yes , they teach me SAP fico , SAP mm , Tally , Sage and Quickbooks .

This was really hard in the beginning because i never had any commerce base .

After spending few months in front of it , this is more easier than i thought . Its not even a big deal .
There was not any good accounting materials online so i had to narrow down a lot of things and it was a lot of pain .

Now i can explain a lot of things to new people which is why i suddenly like it  .

Maybe i should even write a little Introductory tutorial here about accounting .
The lack of proper introduction was something i myself faced while i was learning this .

4 or 5 months more of class and i will get a diploma in accounting .

I am very excited .

Quote:There is always work in the accounting field

That is what i like best about accounting , There are a lot of job vacancies for accountants

I hope i can finish this properly

(October 28, 2020 at 12:34 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I took the "business" route in high school. The last semester was doing the books for a small business. I suggested that we not tear our tally sheets off the one and only ten key calculator in the classroom. The teacher liked the idea. When we were done the tape stretched the length of the school and out into the parking lot.

In the beginning when i started learning this i had no idea where it begins or where it will end ,

Now i have more clarity

It starts with Entries and Adjustment entries which then needed to be recorded to

Accounting Equation
Journal
Ledger
Trial balance
Profit and loss
Balance sheet
Cash flow statement
and
Fund flow statement

Accounting is the art of recording items , amount and parties in a transaction or in an accounting event

When an accounting event happens in a company
Create the records of the items , amount and parties .

Why do we do that ?

We do that in order to understand the movement of items , amount and parties in an accounting event

There are many categories of items that move in and out of a business

Items of Asset
Items of Expense
Items of Income
Items of Capital
Items of Liability

Create the records of of the Items of those category according to the rules of accounting

Because it would be nice to know from a Company point of view ,What items , amount and parties are being debited and credited according to the rules of accounting .

The term debtor and creditor are different from the terms Debit and Credit .

Angel
(October 28, 2020 at 12:40 pm)Ashwin39 Wrote: Thanks for the reply arewethereyet ,

Yes , they teach me SAP fico , SAP mm , Tally , Sage and Quickbooks .

This was really hard in the beginning because i never had any commerce base .

After spending few months in front of it , this is more easier than i thought . Its not even a big deal .
There was not  any good accounting materials online so i had to narrow down a lot of things and it was a lot of pain .

Now i can explain a lot of things to new people which is why i suddenly like it  .

Maybe i should even write a little Introductory tutorial here about accounting .
The lack of proper introduction was something i myself faced while i was learning this .

4 or 5 months more of class and i will get a diploma in accounting .

I am very excited .

Quote:There is always work in the accounting field

That is what i like best about accounting , There are a lot of job vacancies for accountants

I hope i can finish this properly
I worked for a CPA who told his kids when they went to college that they could major in whatever they wanted but they all had to take an accounting course because if their choice of profession went belly up they could always find work in the accounting field.

It could have had something to do with the fact that he and his wife were CPAs.  LOL

There are a lot of people in offices who are plugging numbers into fields on a screen but they have no clue where those numbers go.  

There are still times when I get into a tricky mess to clean up (I work contract jobs and usually get called when things are screwed up) that I will take a pencil and draw out T-accounts.  I also really have green ledger pads at home so I can work out complex entries.

Good luck and stick with it...having a knack for it is a good thing.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Income and expenses. Everything revolves around those two.
@arewethereyet ,

This accounting studies is the only thing in my life that have felt useful .

I suddenly want to finish it as soon as possible because i already have the confidence to work as an accountant .

Manual or in some software .

Here in India people mostly use the Tally software . Big companies use SAP software .

I was never this excited about my future , Lol

(October 28, 2020 at 12:55 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Income and expenses. Everything revolves around those two.

Yes , i had to write this in my note to get a clearer picture of it .

There are items of assets ( cash )
There are items of expense ( purchase )
There are items of income ( sales )
There are items of capital
There are items of liability

Angel
https://bench.co/blog/accounting/double-...ccounting/
@Gawdzilla Sama

Thanks for the link .

Smile
I’m not qualified to give advice about accounting. I have to be naked to count to twenty one.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  learning a certain language to communicate to believers and the religious Quill01 13 935 January 8, 2024 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: neil
  Learning Hindi as a second language Alexmahone 2 499 June 5, 2018 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Fear of learning robvalue 11 2321 November 21, 2015 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What is your Learning Style? Shining_Finger 17 2421 November 21, 2015 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Learning German, advice or help appreciated! Aroura 57 6047 September 12, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: abaris
  a, like, mechanically, like, sort of like, reaction to the whole "god" thing, yeah. Edwardo Piet 7 2958 January 29, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Learning a language Darth 18 4430 August 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman