Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Thus is born the "LOST CAUSE" of this century.
Thus is born the "LOST CAUSE" of this century.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...de/616424/

T.rump will refuse to concede the election. He will be forced to remove himself from the office. People will side with him.

See on my family forum:

"He'll still be the REAL President!"

"Time to go full 2nd Amendment on the people who want to steal the election."

"Those numbers are too high! They have to be fake." (This from a guy who had to carry a can of gasoline because he can't figure out the fuel gauge on his car.)
RE: Thus is born the "LOST CAUSE" of this century.
Let’s make sure an Appomattox Court house of this century is born first.
(October 31, 2020 at 9:03 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Let’s make sure an Appomattox Court house of this century is born first.
"The war started in my front yard and ended in my parlor." This is true because the guy that owned a farm at Bull Run owned the house at Appomattox Courthouse. I use that to remind people that there will be no place to hide this time around.
I can see Trump causing a civil war.  I literally can.  But to do it they would have to win over the troops and based on what I've been reading, active duty troops seem to prefer Biden over Trump.  

But I can also see rabid trumpanzees changing the vote with their own bad behavior.  I can see them, for example, marching around polling places, armed to the teeth (open carrying, obviously), threatening anyone who "looks" like a biden voter (which means they'll shoot at anyone who's black or hispanic or visibly LGBT).  I even remember reading an article a while back about a trump supporter breaking into a mailbox and throwing out the mail because he heard that democrats are more likely to mail in ballots.  If these kinds of stunts keep happening, I could see Trump easily "winning" simply through grass roots voter suppression.  

This election is going to be a doozy.  I'm honestly afraid what's going to happen in a week.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
The cold hard reality is that the military is vastly stronger than any self-styled "militia". They will be given a chance to surrender if they get froggy. But if they start killing people they will be swatted like flies.
I made an appointment to have a tooth filled on election day...I figure I can at least have half an hour or so floating on nitrous since the rest of the day/week is going to really suck.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I have a few hundred tramadol. Boss Lady doesn't know where I keep them.
(October 31, 2020 at 11:24 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I have a few hundred tramadol. Boss Lady doesn't know where I keep them.

I do too...for just such an emergency.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Goes off to look for his bottle.

My Precious! Where is my Precious!
(October 31, 2020 at 11:59 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Goes off to look for his bottle.

My Precious! Where is my Precious!

Hehe

I know where mine is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 471 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are Germans born evil Renug 38 9683 May 30, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  WEll, Whaddaya Know....The FBI DID Have Probable Cause For A FISA Warrant Minimalist 5 1713 April 12, 2017 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Do you feel Trump supporters have lost total grip on reality NuclearEnergy 19 2699 January 22, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why the Dems Lost Lek 39 4744 November 10, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  U.S. Presidents & The Natural-born-citizen Clause Tiberius 191 16317 April 13, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yeah....Cause Too Many Regulations On Wall Street is a BIIIGGGG PROBLEM! Minimalist 4 1160 July 17, 2014 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Capital in the 21st Century Foxaèr 1 579 April 30, 2014 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Ted Cruz natural born citizen? Doubting Thomas 14 2538 November 2, 2013 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Smile Obama called war criminal & hypocrite of the century in Irish Parlament Big Blue Sky 33 11329 June 24, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius