Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Videogame OST
Music 
Videogame OST
Thread for anything videogame OST related.

It doesn't exactly have to be ingame music, per se, but I did have videogame music tracks in mind for this thread.

The last thread - that I could find - with this topic was last posted in in year 2012.

I've not played the game, but this boss music is banger.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
RE: Videogame OST
This is related to video games:  I don’t play them.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 6, 2020 at 6:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This is related to video games:  I don’t play them.

Boru

But have you heard any music for a videogame that you liked? I don't think you necessarily have to had to played the game for liking the artwork, IMO. Might appreciate the OST more, in question, after playing the videogame, but whateva.

Here's a song from a MMO I used to play for way too long which I loved:

And my favorite YouTube comment on that vid by someone else:

The musical composition is simple, yet profound to me, not to mention it's basically done in a type of MIDI synthesizer, sorta, yet it still has this level of fidelity. Ian Taylor, I salute you.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(November 6, 2020 at 6:37 pm)Sal Wrote:
(November 6, 2020 at 6:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This is related to video games:  I don’t play them.

Boru

But have you heard any music for a videogame that you liked? I don't think you necessarily have to had to played the game for liking the artwork, IMO. Might appreciate the OST more, in question, after playing the videogame, but whateva.

Here's a song from a MMO I used to play for way too long which I loved:

And my favorite YouTube comment on that vid by someone else:

The musical composition is simple, yet profound to me, not to mention it's basically done in a type of MIDI synthesizer, sorta, yet it still has this level of fidelity. Ian Taylor, I salute you.

I couldn’t say, honestly. Not playing the games pretty precludes my exposure to the music and artwork.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Not a fan of Doom TBH, but something ancient stuck to my mind until this day:

Not at work.

"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Boru

Not a gamer, either, but I do love the soundtrack for Silent Hill. And, surprisingly, Akira Yamaoka actually does occasionally do concerts. Unfortunately, by this point, the vast majority of his concerts are in Russia for whatever reason, and, if Setlist.fm is any indication, not only has he not performed in my hemisphere since 2015, he’s never stopped off in Chicago. But here’s a pro-quality YT video of one of his concerts.

That said, I’m not 100% convinced that it doesn’t lose something by just sticking to the “power trio plus” configuration, if only because I miss the acoustic rhythm guitar and string backing in “Theme of Laura.”

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.