Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British takeover of AF - can it be stopped?
British takeover of AF - can it be stopped?
Can the home of Darwin be stopped from swinging the Mighty Sword, nay, Nuclear Spade, of British, nay, English,....objectives? Promotion? Forward? Atheism is forward and Theism is shite? Targets? (no, not deer OLB)...I'm feeling effective, rock on.
RE: British takeover of AF - can it be stopped?
I'm a Yank, but there are times when I seriously wonder if we'd be better off if we were still a part of the UK. At this point, besides some legal issues that strike me as very dodgy, the biggest thing that makes me reconsider this idea is that, well, this idiot is the most powerful man in the country:
[Image: B_GfDXjXAAEinN-.jpg]

And I seriously considered that if Trump actually won the election, I'd create a political party called The Breunion Party. The platform: We win, we're going to do what we can to convince the UK to take us back. I'm not sure if posting an announcement on the Anglophile blog where I write would have flown, since Jonathan has a strict no-politics policy, but I think that if I did, the most politically specific parts would be something like:
"Everything you need to know about our Presidential Platform is contained in this video, as said by the American People to Queen Elizabeth II (or, perhaps Prince Charles if it comes down to that)."

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I worry Shell B hates me...a fact. Forwaaaaaaard!

Are you British Rev Rye?
At work.

As some one from 'The colonies' these past four years have a silver lining.

When ever some bloviating twat arcs up about things 'Royal' and that " 'We' should 'Take our country back and self govern' like the freedom loving Yanks do."

I point to T-rump. The conversation either falls off an intellectual cliff as their inner ignorance explodes.

Or they look suitably sheepish and shut the fek up.

Sadly it's more of the raving former than the latter.
Chicago born and raised, actually. Only time I left the country was when Mum went to the Stratford festival in Ontario in utero.

(November 13, 2020 at 10:48 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Love that song.
(November 13, 2020 at 11:18 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Chicago born and raised, actually. Only time  I left the country was when Mum went to the Stratford festival in Ontario in utero.

(November 13, 2020 at 11:20 pm)Eleven Wrote:
(November 13, 2020 at 10:48 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Love that song.
Just wanted a good British "I want you back" song. This one fit the bill perfectly.

If it happens I'll issue termination warrants.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm a little unstable ATM Varkyrie. Sleep, bed, revise etc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Friend Sent Me This Under the Heading of British Car Jacking Minimalist 2 462 January 24, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Halloween episode of a favorite British sitcom of mine Edwardo Piet 0 898 October 30, 2015 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  NFL with British Commentary Napoléon 13 1687 January 18, 2014 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  The Atheist Takeover: Plan B Crossless2.0 13 2491 October 16, 2013 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Kayenneh