Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wizard Of Oz.....
The Wizard Of Oz.....
I don't know what has changed in my 54 years, but back in the 70s/80s it seems to me that classic was played during the spring around Easter, maybe because tornados are a mainly spring event?

But lately I have seen it being played more toward Thanksgiving/Christmas time. 

I do know that the flying monkeys and the wicked witch scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Hard to believe that it came out in 1939.
RE: The Wizard Of Oz.....
(November 23, 2020 at 6:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I don't know what has changed in my 54 years, but back in the 70s/80s it seems to me that classic was played during the spring around Easter, maybe because tornados are a mainly spring event?

But lately I have seen it being played more toward Thanksgiving/Christmas time. 

I do know that the flying monkeys and the wicked witch scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Hard to believe that it came out in 1939.

Fuck you.

More info than you probably need, but...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wiza...television

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Should I mention that the "Cowardly Lion"s costume was the skin of a real lion?
(November 23, 2020 at 6:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Should I mention that the "Cowardly Lion"s costume was the skin of a real lion?

Fuck you.

It’s already been discussed at length.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 23, 2020 at 6:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 23, 2020 at 6:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Should I mention that the "Cowardly Lion"s costume was the skin of a real lion?

It’s already been discussed at length.

Boru

Only Two films made me shit my pants as a kid. The Wizard of Oz and JAWS.
(November 23, 2020 at 6:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 23, 2020 at 6:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It’s already been discussed at length.

Boru

Only Two films made me shit my pants as a kid. The Wizard of Oz and JAWS.

Fuck you. 

Don’t care.

Boru
(November 23, 2020 at 6:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 23, 2020 at 6:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Only Two films made me shit my pants as a kid. The Wizard of Oz and JAWS.

Fuck you. 

Don’t care.

Boru

Yet you keep responding.

Great way to show you don't care.
(November 23, 2020 at 6:58 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 23, 2020 at 6:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fuck you. 

Don’t care.

Boru

Yet you keep responding.

Fuck you. 

I’ve told you why I do that. I may not care about what films made you shit yourself, but I do care about basic courtesy.

Boru
(November 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 23, 2020 at 6:58 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yet you keep responding.

Fuck you. 

I’ve told you why I do that. I may not care about what films made you shit yourself, but I do care about basic courtesy.

Boru

Ok
(November 23, 2020 at 7:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fuck you. 

Boru

Ok

Fuck you.

Boru