Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Mads, Mads I tell you! But for the greater good.
It's Mads, Mads I tell you! But for the greater good.
Mads Mikkelsen will replace Johnny Depp as Grindelwald in the next Fantastic Beasts movie, due to release Summer 2022.
RE: It's Mads, Mads I tell you! But for the greater good.

Okay, fun fact, around the time the first promo images of the last Fantastic Beasts movie came out, with Johnny Depp featured as Grindlewald, people were throwing hissy fits about the fact that Depp was attached. Also around that time, I wrote my 750th Anglotopia column, a review of Murder on the Orient Express (the one where Depp appears as the victim) and, in a nod to this, I said something along the lines of “if you don’t like the fact that Johnny Depp is in this movie, you can take solace that he gets butchered.” This caused a huge shitstorm in the comments section, and I didn’t mention Depp again until I wrote my 1000th column this summer, and I took the time to apologize for the remarks in that column. Also, in the interim, the movie came out and I was toying with reviewing the movie and simply calling Depp He Who Must Not Be Named, though I scrapped the idea when I watched the movie and didn’t find it worth talking about.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 28, 2020 at 2:40 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Mads Mikkelsen will replace Johnny Depp as Grindelwald in the next Fantastic Beasts movie, due to release Summer 2022.

This can ONLY be a good thing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Mads does menacing like Johnny never could.
Johnny Depp was great as Captain Jack Sparrow in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. I liked him in "From Hell". But when he gets into Tim Burton films I am left unimpressed.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 28, 2020 at 3:25 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Johnny Depp was great as Captain Jack Sparrow in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.  I liked him in "From Hell".  But when he gets into Tim Burton films I am left unimpressed.

I loved Depp in "Nick Of Time". More so because of Christopher Walken.
(November 28, 2020 at 3:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 28, 2020 at 3:25 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Johnny Depp was great as Captain Jack Sparrow in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.  I liked him in "From Hell".  But when he gets into Tim Burton films I am left unimpressed.

Needs more cowbell.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

[Image: Mads-Mikkelsen-Gellert-Grindelwald.png]
(November 28, 2020 at 3:45 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: [Image: Mads-Mikkelsen-Gellert-Grindelwald.png]

Looks like Hannibal Lecter gone Edwardian punk.

Perfect!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 28, 2020 at 3:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Fuck you.

Oddly enough, Walken was one of the actors considered for Jack Sparrow before the role went to Depp (the part was originally written for Hugh Jackman).

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell me who "L-56" is... Brian37 68 4206 March 11, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I Tell You Once More, ELO wrote this....... Brian37 9 1639 December 23, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Movies you hate but everyone else loves Fake Messiah 77 5735 February 19, 2018 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Will there ever be a show greater than The Simpsons? Mechaghostman2 17 2440 November 30, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Tell us what instrument(s) and gear you have! FallentoReason 26 6334 March 31, 2012 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Tempus
  Good music is....good Dean-o 7 2550 June 25, 2011 at 11:39 am
Last Post: popeyespappy