Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Burner?
Favourite Burner?
Whenever I’m cooking something that only requires a single pan or pot, I always use the right rear burner. I have no idea why - it isn’t more convenient, it doesn’t heat any faster or more evenly than the other burners, etc.

Does anyone else have a ‘go to’ burner on their cooktop? If so, why do you prefer it? If not, what the hell is wrong with you?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Favourite Burner?
(November 28, 2020 at 4:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Whenever I’m cooking something that only requires a single pan or pot, I always use the right rear burner. I have no idea why - it isn’t more convenient, it doesn’t heat any faster or more evenly than the other burners, etc.

Does anyone else have a ‘go to’ burner on their cooktop? If so, why do you prefer it? If not, what the hell is wrong with you?

Boru

Right rear burner.  So much, in fact, that when I meant to turn on the right front yesterday I turned on the right rear.  Then I noticed it was red and the potatoes weren't going to get done that way.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Small pots, left front, it has the small cook element.

Large pots, right front, guess what it has.

Back burners get used for warming or dishes that don't need a lot of attention. 

I thought this was going to be about CD/DVD's.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 28, 2020 at 4:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Whenever I’m cooking something that only requires a single pan or pot, I always use the right rear burner. I have no idea why - it isn’t more convenient, it doesn’t heat any faster or more evenly than the other burners, etc.

Boru

Left front. On any cooker I've ever used, either electric or gas, it's been the biggest. And I find the biggest is easiest to ensure I'm keeping the heat on, because I move the pan/griddle/wok a lot.

Edit: Plus I'm a short-arse (generously considering myself 5'5.5"), so sitting pots and pans at the back is a bit more awkward.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Boru
My Stove is a 6 burner. So would say the front center burner is my favorite.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Boru

BUCK ME!

I use the right back electric coil burner, because .... wellllllll

BUCK ME!
3 out of four burners work, all equal. Right front dead, used to be go-to. Now it's left front. (Oven mounted level with stove so there's no counter on the left.) Spaghetti nights left front for water, right rear for sauce.
Taken care of burning every day
Taken care of cooking every way.

I use an antique gasoline torch filled with 100 octane avgas....

It imparts a certain delicate aroma to a side of woodchuck.....
(November 28, 2020 at 6:12 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:

Boru
My Stove is a 6 burner. So would say the front center burner is my favorite.

Same stove, different burner.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson