Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Worlds
Alien Worlds
Checking out this new four part documentary on Netflix called Alien Worlds

Quote:Applying the laws of life on Earth to rest of the galaxy, this series blends science facts and fiction to imagine alien life on other planets.

Enjoying it thus far.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Alien Worlds
Is this a complete remake of the earlier show, from the '90s IIRC?
(December 7, 2020 at 8:58 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Is this a complete remake of the earlier show, from the '90s IIRC?

Unless you can be more clear, the answer is currently no.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 7, 2020 at 8:59 am)Eleven Wrote:
(December 7, 2020 at 8:58 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Is this a complete remake of the earlier show, from the '90s IIRC?

Unless you can be more clear, the answer is currently no.

There was a robotic probe series, three episodes, about ballon robots who were investigating a near-by world. The name of the show was very similar to this. (I'll dig into my videos to see if I still have the DVDs.)
Earthlings are intolerant of other earthlings from different patches of dirt, I find hard to believe they would accept those from other solar systems.[Image: Worried.png]
(December 7, 2020 at 9:03 am)no one Wrote: Earthlings are intolerant of other earthlings from different patches of dirt, I find hard to believe they would accept those from other solar systems.[Image: Worried.png]

This concept was discussed in episode four.
~ Erin Hunter
The show I was thinking of, from 2005: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453446/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
(December 7, 2020 at 9:28 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The show I was thinking of, from 2005: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453446/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I think I might have seen it.

But you also have to understand that we have advanced a great deal in fifteen years.
~ Erin Hunter
Yeah, that's why I was wondering if this was a reboot.
I'm part way through the series. It looks well done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh no! Another alien probe Fake Messiah 90 13841 December 22, 2017 at 7:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Tidal Forces on Alien Planets thesummerqueen 1 1399 February 25, 2012 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: passionatefool
  Astrobiology: Life in Other Worlds event. KichigaiNeko 2 1064 September 12, 2011 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Rumor Roundup: Has NASA Discovered Alien Life? downbeatplumb 7 2972 December 2, 2010 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb