Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 3:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunderstorms Are Awesome ! (Pics)
Thunderstorms Are Awesome ! (Pics)
[Image: Little-Storm-on-the-Prairie-800x599.jpg]
A picture of an absolutely awe-inspiring supercell cloud caught in Montana 

[Image: Maracaibo_Lightning_National_Geographic_....jpg?ssl=1]
A stunning display of Everlasting lightning  photographed over the Catatumbo River in Venezuela

[Image: aVw9Emm.jpg]
A huge Shelf Cloud hovers over Timisoara Romania 

[Image: e6feac343b5eeecd7993b177a8a6bbab.jpg]
A Funnel Cloud forming in Utah 

[Image: 344.jpg]
Giant storm cloud somewhere in Haiti
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

RE: Thunderstorms Are Awesome ! (Pics)
Holly Fuck!  I take it back.  There is a fucking god up there somewhere.
(December 10, 2020 at 6:12 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: [Image: Little-Storm-on-the-Prairie-800x599.jpg]

A stunning display of Everlasting lightning  photographed over the Catatumbo River in Venezuela

Not going to comment on the fourth picture. Anyone who has owned a male dog will understand.
(December 10, 2020 at 6:18 pm)Apollo Wrote: Holly Fuck!  I take it back.  There is a fucking god up there somewhere.
It could almost make you Religious

(December 10, 2020 at 6:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 10, 2020 at 6:12 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: [Image: Little-Storm-on-the-Prairie-800x599.jpg]

Not going to comment on the third picture. Anyone who has owned a male dog will understand.
Indeed  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 10, 2020 at 6:21 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(December 10, 2020 at 6:18 pm)Apollo Wrote: Holly Fuck!  I take it back.  There is a fucking god up there somewhere.
It could almost make you Religious

(December 10, 2020 at 6:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Not going to comment on the third picture. Anyone who has owned a male dog will understand.
Indeed  Hehe

I was totally joking. Me and god? You kidding?
(December 10, 2020 at 6:24 pm)Apollo Wrote:
(December 10, 2020 at 6:21 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: It could almost make you Religious

Indeed  Hehe

I was totally joking. Me and god? You kidding?
I know but it's still freaking awesome
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

[Image: ULUp45n.jpg]

April 2016 - from about 50 miles Northwest of us and heading our way.

We lost both vehicles and had over $80K worth of damage to our house, fence, and pool.  The whole town where I live suffered the same devastation with hailstones the size of grapefruit not uncommon.

Thunderstorms are awesome till you are in your house helpless as hailstones pop through the roof and shards of glass from the windows are imbedding themselves into the carpet and furniture.  I'll pass on another one.  My son had just bought a house six months before the storm and it did about as much damage to his house.

I prefer to watch from a distance now.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 10, 2020 at 6:26 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: [Image: ULUp45n.jpg]

April 2016 - from about 50 miles Northwest of us and heading our way.

We lost both vehicles and had over $80K worth of damage to our house, fence, and pool.  The whole town where I live suffered the same devastation with hailstones the size of grapefruit not uncommon.

Thunderstorms are awesome till you are in your house helpless as hailstones pop through the roof and shards of glass from the windows are imbedding themselves into the carpet and furniture.  I'll pass on another one.  My son has just bought a house six months before the storm and it did about as much damage to his house.

I prefer to watch from a distance now.
True, Storms can be highly destructive and deadly. But in terms of the awe factor few things can match them.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reaching for the stars, finally - will the young ones among us get pics of Alpha C.? Alex K 33 4338 April 15, 2016 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13