Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The inevitability of robotic 3-pointers
The inevitability of robotic 3-pointers
I am more disappointed of not getting 8 out of 8 outcome.

https://www.businessinsider.com/basketba...e-3-2019-4

Quote:Toyota has created a 6-foot-10-inch basketball-shooting robot named Cue 3.

Cue 3 uses a set of sensors on its torso to measure its distance from the basket and adjust its shots. In a recent test, the robot made five of eight 3-point shots.

Toyota built Cue 3 to demonstrate the robot's use of "visual feedback" when shooting. 

Cue 3 can't run, dribble, or execute the other fundamentals necessary to play alongside humans.
RE: The inevitability of robotic 3-pointers
(December 12, 2020 at 7:31 pm)Apollo Wrote: I am more disappointed of not getting 8 out of 8 outcome.

https://www.businessinsider.com/basketba...e-3-2019-4

Quote:Toyota has created a 6-foot-10-inch basketball-shooting robot named Cue 3.

Cue 3 uses a set of sensors on its torso to measure its distance from the basket and adjust its shots. In a recent test, the robot made five of eight 3-point shots.

Toyota built Cue 3 to demonstrate the robot's use of "visual feedback" when shooting. 

Cue 3 can't run, dribble, or execute the other fundamentals necessary to play alongside humans.

Be patient. Cue 4 will be along soon.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Do they sell souvenirs? Cue Balls?
And here I thought it was going to be about Asimov and positronic brains.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
And I was wondering who would shoot a three-pointer. (Buck, that is.)
Cool, now they just need to work on boxing robots and I'm ready to pay admission to see the fights!
Some nerdy friends at a "Large Midwest University" are working on nursing robots. They should have started five years ago.