Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why satan became rebel?
Why satan became rebel?
Was it because humans became Gods favorites? Why satan still serves God by testing people like Job and yet he is a rebel?
RE: Why satan became rebel?
Remember that angels apparently have no free will but still managed to rebel...
Dying to live, living to die.
But if a zombie bites an angel does the angel become a zombie? And does Jesus invite zombies to eat his brain?

What about a vampire? You think Jesus is gonna be inviting vampires to "drink this in rememberance of me?".

And what if - Jesus gets bit by a vampire and THEN a zombie eats his brains?

Could he beat Superman then?

The Vatican needs to address these important theological points...
He was an Angel, and good at his job,
but he committed the ultimate sin

and testified against god.

A god that tried to kill innocent humans,
but got the woman he loved instead.

Framed for murder, now he prowls the seven circles of hell

an outlaw hunting outlaws

a bounty hunter,

A RENEGADE

"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(December 18, 2020 at 3:35 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Was it because humans became Gods favorites? Why satan still serves God by testing people like Job and yet he is a rebel?

Because Milton needed an antagonist for his epic poem.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
BL Z Bub is anything but a rebel. Although, just like OJ, Lucifer got a bad rap.
Sadly, there wasn't a Kato for the founder of Hell inc.
(December 18, 2020 at 4:05 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: He was an Angel, and good at his job,
but he committed the ultimate sin

and testified against god.

A god that tried to kill innocent humans,
but got the woman he loved instead.

Framed for murder, now he prowls the seven circles of hell

an outlaw hunting outlaws

a bounty hunter,

A RENEGADE

How is he able to run fast and fight easily with that clothing on? This completely ignores aerodynamics and energy efficiency.

A real fighter would probably wear more spandex and running shoes.
Despite his love and allegiance, Satan learned through experience that God lacked mercy and was outright abusive.  So, despite being God's favorite, his morning star, Satan claimed the world and reopened the dojo.  This time, with more emphasis on kinship and empathy.
(December 18, 2020 at 3:35 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Was it because humans became Gods favorites? Why satan still serves God by testing people like Job and yet he is a rebel?

No. That's what happens when you're not breast fed. Poor, poor Satan. Reactive attachment disorder is a bitch.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

I think you're mixing up at least three depictions of Satan into each other.

In the Hebrew Bible, Satan is more or less God's DA, prosecuting potential sinners, with a hope of redemption for the sinners. It's not until the New Testament where Satan falls into his more familiar role. I'm not sure where the whole "rebelling because humans became God's favourites" thing came, but it's more or less apocrypha that probably took form long after Christianity established itself (notably, the Latin versions of The Life of Adam and Eve). Satan as a rebel, it all comes squarely from John Milton, who decided to draw on Greek tragedy to turn Satan into a tragic anti-hero who's undone by his own hubris, and it just blew up from there, especially after William Blake called him "a true poet and of the Devils party without knowing it."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US National Alert System, aka Satan's Whistle. Gawdzilla Sama 10 712 October 5, 2023 at 1:07 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How God became so powerful and cruel? purplepurpose 8 682 June 28, 2020 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where is the Rebel Base? Brian37 7 480 November 26, 2018 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Satan Stole My Waffle Rhondazvous 117 11821 January 26, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  This Month I Became part-qualified Fidel_Castronaut 5 952 May 2, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Do you think George Carlin enjoys being ass raped by Satan as he burns in Hell? TeaPartyTeen 19 2829 January 3, 2015 at 3:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Satan Claws ManMachine 1 703 December 18, 2014 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Alex K
Shocked GOP Candidate Warns:Yoga Leads to Satan,God Created the Tea Party,...etc Pretzel Logic 15 4962 October 30, 2013 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Satan Makes Everything Sexier thesummerqueen 37 5812 November 14, 2011 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  [split] Santa is Satan fr0d0 13 10647 December 21, 2009 at 6:36 am
Last Post: leo-rcc