Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosion in Nashville this morning.
Explosion in Nashville this morning.
Police at this point are saying they believe it was intentional. No suspects at this point. The vehicle was an RV that exploded. 3 injured, but so far no deaths. Almost an entire block of shops and bars were damaged to different degrees. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/25/us/nashvi...index.html
RE: Explosion in Nashville this morning.
"Rock and roll is the work of the Devil - stop shaking your hips like that! Scandalous!!"
No details on a motive for the explosion, but I’m going to hazard what I think is a fairly safe explanation: election-related.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 25, 2020 at 1:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No details on a motive for the explosion, but I’m going to hazard what I think is a fairly safe explanation: election-related.

Boru

Nothing would surprise me, but we simply don't know. I've heard of some no name bombers who were merely getting even with individuals. Forensic Files had a story about a guy who sent a bomb to another guy that sold him a defective CB. Another episode had a story of a white guy bombing white churches to act as a distraction to the real target. 

It could even be a disgruntled worker of one of the businesses on that street. It could be domestic terrorism too, it could be foreign terrorism. We simply do not know at this point. 

But, regardless of the motive, things like this leave lots of evidence. The vin number, or part numbers of the vehicle used is going to be a huge source to trace where the vehicle came from. Bomb parts and chemical tracing too. And they will check video cameras in a huge circle. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a suspect or suspects within the week.
Catching suspects is a good start. However, finding out the motive is a whole other thing. Some criminals are quite tight-lipped about their motivation.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 25, 2020 at 2:18 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Catching suspects is a good start.  However, finding out the motive is a whole other thing.  Some criminals are quite tight-lipped about their motivation.
And a fair number of them are just ratshit crazy.....

So a rational reason or explaination is pretty unlikely...
Reports are saying there was an audio message playing from a loud speaker coming from the RV warning people to evacuate. If true, this might make me lean to a disgruntled worker of one of the businesses. But again, too early in the investigation to draw any solid conclusions. 

It might even be a nut simply trying toy with society and police for fame. We just don't know right now. But I don't think it will take long to get a suspect or suspects.
(December 25, 2020 at 2:59 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Reports are saying there was an audio message playing from a loud speaker coming from the RV warning people to evacuate. If true, this might make me lean to a disgruntled worker of one of the businesses. But again, too early in the investigation to draw any solid conclusions. 

It might even be a nut simply trying toy with society and police for fame. We just don't know right now. But I don't think it will take long to get a suspect or suspects.

A warning indicates that the motive is probably political in nature. I’m sticking to my original guess.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 25, 2020 at 3:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 25, 2020 at 2:59 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Reports are saying there was an audio message playing from a loud speaker coming from the RV warning people to evacuate. If true, this might make me lean to a disgruntled worker of one of the businesses. But again, too early in the investigation to draw any solid conclusions. 

A warning indicates that the motive is probably political in nature. I’m sticking to my original guess.

Boru

Could be, sure. But again, we simply don't know right now. 

Could be on the left too. It went off in front of an AT&T building. Now while that would still be a extremely small faction. I have run into far far far left morons who think Che is a hero and want to "end capitalism". 

But it could also be something coming from a militia or hate group on the far right.

But if we are going to speculate a political motive, there are far more radicals on the far right. 

But the truth is, this is mere speculation at this point, regardless.
Like I said, it’s just a guess.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Rough Morning For The Orange Turd Minimalist 5 896 January 13, 2018 at 4:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Nonsense in Nashville brewer 2 456 March 31, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13