Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday?
Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday?
I only ask because it seems I already posted all the brilliant stuff I'm ever going to post.

What about you?
RE: Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday?
Thank God I have some things left to say about being an atheist.
Actually, I am near to getting my atheist diploma from this forum with a dissertation titled "Like Flies on Shit: How Religious Believe Any Shit They Are Ordered To Without Any Thinking Or Evidence, And How They Cry and Scream When You Try To Show Them the Truth".
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 23, 2021 at 10:54 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Actually, I am near to getting my atheist diploma from this forum with a dissertation titled "Like Flies on Shit: How Religious Believe Any Shit They Are Ordered To Without Any Thinking Or Evidence, And How They Cry and Scream When You Try To Show Them the Truth".

Reminds me of They Live (1988). This could turn deadly.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
With each drop of baby blood I ingest, I become more powerful!
Yes.

No.

Maybe.

I don't know.

Define better.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Cheap, fast, good. Pick two!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 23, 2021 at 10:27 am)Eleven Wrote: I only ask because it seems I already posted all the brilliant stuff I'm ever going to post.

What about you?

Bold mine - 

That means your work here is done.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

‘Atheist’ is an either/or proposition, and is not subject to gradation. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3099 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christianity in Africa stats: <10 MN in 1900, 700 MN today. Nishant Xavier 75 3461 July 24, 2023 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 962 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Help me understand you better pokey555 12 1760 August 10, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  No Financial Inclusion Today! No Financial Inclusion Tomarrah! Or For Eternity, Even mascale 21 2045 August 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  If there were no atheists? Graufreud 24 4076 July 20, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What were your first questions? Sayetsu 51 7564 March 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Atheists of Today Show announcement ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 17 3980 November 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE
  I told my little girl about angels yesterday... Jehanne 44 10621 September 6, 2017 at 11:23 am
Last Post: mordant
  Today is Chapter One of my new life Won2blv 15 2404 October 23, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue