Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I done a homophobia?
Did I done a homophobia?
Got completely plastered (drunk) on Thursday and was drinking (yet more beer) on a park bench with a local character I have been drinking with from time to time over the past few years. He's in his mid 50s and, for some reason, decided to tell me he's "bisexual." I then asked: "do you fancy me then?" and he replied "you're allright" with an upward inflection at the end, thus implying he meant "you're fairly attractive." I felt uncomfortable after that and went home shortly afterwards. 

Did I done a homophobia? Or perhaps a drunken  Doh or  Wacky or maybe understandable and standard?  Huh
RE: Did I done a homophobia?
You did nothing wrong. Unless you're leaving out certain details of the encounter.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That's honestly all I can remember of it and reckon if there were other salient details I'd recall them...I could be wrong on that count of course.
You done did a human thing, nothing more.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
This is good news, rested at my mind there is. Cheers 11 :glugluglug....l8r:
“You’re saying there’s never been a case where you drank so much that you didn’t remember what happened the night before or part of what happened?”
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Based on the telling of it, there’s nothing homophobic in that story. Ever had a woman fancy you but you didn’t fancy her and so made a quick exit? Same thing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 27, 2021 at 11:41 am)Angrboda Wrote: “You’re saying there’s never been a case where you drank so much that you didn’t remember what happened the night before or part of what happened?”

I might have got out of bed still drunk out of my tiny wee gourd and berated the recycling truck staff for not working fast enough....search me, can't remember...
(March 27, 2021 at 9:42 am)Lawz Wrote: Got completely plastered (drunk) on Thursday and was drinking (yet more beer) on a park bench with a local character I have been drinking with from time to time over the past few years. He's in his mid 50s and, for some reason, decided to tell me he's "bisexual." I then asked: "do you fancy me then?" and he replied "you're allright" with an upward inflection at the end, thus implying he meant "you're fairly attractive." I felt uncomfortable after that and went home shortly afterwards. 

Did I done a homophobia? Or perhaps a drunken  Doh or  Wacky or maybe understandable and standard?  Huh

In the long past, I was asked out by an older guy I knew. 

It freaked me out, and I've asked myself why.  I was embarassed that I might've acted in a way that gave him the impression I was gay (I didn't, except be totally oblivious to what I realized in that moment was flirting on past occasions), combined with teenage years where being called "gay" was the worst thing that could happen to you.

I am thankful there isn't the same stigma against various sexualities these days.  If it happened now, I wouldn't be freaked out.  Some people are gay and bi.  No big deal.  If someone male were attracted to me, that's cool.  It doesn't oblige me to act in any particular way.
Bumped into Jonny OP today and all was well - bought him a pack of Cherry Bakewell's as a birthday present (he told me it was his birthday last thurs) and we chatted away for a good long time. Perhaps my freaking out, detailed in the OP, was like a "shock" reaction to the newness - I now couldn't give two hoots if he thinks I'm "fairly attractive" - it's not like he tried to kiss me or anything. Anyway, good news and all that, Hazzah!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] What Is The Hardest Thing You’ve Ever Done? BrianSoddingBoru4 23 1672 July 17, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr