Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Them
Them
Comparable to Get Out and Us, this show called Them is a series regarding the bigotry black people have faced and continue to face. There's a supernatural element, but that is to be expected, yet it ties in quite well with the concept of religion portrayed.

Considering our modern political climate in relation to black people, this is a must see.

I binged it in one night on Amazon Prime. Be forewarned, however, that there are some disturbing scenes. Necessary scenes when acknowledging the kind of violence perpetrated against black people. Of course, it is doubtful that the hateful people who most need to watch it will view it, because they would rather continue on harboring an illogical animosity for those of a different skin color.
RE: Them
you people
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Are there any giant ants in it?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I watched this based on your recommendation and I'm glad you brought it to my attention!

It was beautifully shot and the story is heartwrenching in places. The acting was superb. I especially empathized with Ashley Thomas's character(Henry). At times, I could feel the rage and frustration and helplessness bubbling up from the way he expressed himself on screen. At times...this was very hard to watch. It was shocking but I felt it like getting punched in the chest and it never felt gratuitous.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What if they did make them like they used to? Rev. Rye 0 1053 January 31, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye