Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mork And Mindy......
Mork And Mindy......
I just ran across the pilot episode of "Mork And Mindy". I completely forgot how funny that show was.

RE: Mork And Mindy......
Moved from Humor.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 24, 2021 at 1:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Moved from Humor.

Boru

Why? 

Mork And Mindy was a sitcom. If you are not a fan of that show, fine, but sitcoms are about appealing to humor.
(April 24, 2021 at 1:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 24, 2021 at 1:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Moved from Humor.

Boru

Why? 

Mork And Mindy was a sitcom. If you are not a fan of that show, fine, but sitcoms are about appealing to humor.

Read the descriptions of both forums.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You not fooling anyone B37. We know you're now spanking frank to Pam Dawber.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 24, 2021 at 6:30 pm)brewer Wrote: You not fooling anyone B37. We know you're now spanking frank to Pam Dawber.

Can’t blame him for that. She was a cracker.

Boru
(April 24, 2021 at 6:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 24, 2021 at 6:30 pm)brewer Wrote: You not fooling anyone B37. We know you're now spanking frank to Pam Dawber.

Can’t blame him for that. She was a cracker.

Boru

Yeah, but I've always pictured him as more of a Marion Cunningham type.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Rumor has it, Mrs. C turned Norma Jeane into a woman.
I liked Mork & Mindy but that special episode they filmed at Paradise Cay really ruined it for me.
The cinematography was terrible, the writing was subpar, the subject matter was way too dark and where the hell was Mindy?
2/5 stars.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Actually I didn't watch the show for her. She was a great actress in that show, but I didn't watch it for her looks. Unlike say Charlie's Angels which I did watch for Farrah, and Jacklyn Smith and Tanya Roberts. 

I really liked Robin Williams in that role.

I didn't know how short the series lived. I wasn't too fond of the attempt to make the Italian diner clan part of the show. I actually liked the original music shop clan. 

I think I identified with the show being a missfit growing up. And when you think about it, Mindy was the head of the household and I loved how she and her family on the show were compassionate about Mork's querkiness.