Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The scariest movie I saw as a child was:
The scariest movie I saw as a child was:
Some frikking 50's or 60's movie about mummies coming back to life and killing people.
When I was told to go to bed, the hallway was dark, so I ran 100 miles per hour so the mummy won't get me!

There was also this other one. I had to look it up. (20 million miles to earth -1957)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050084/

It still gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

You?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: The scariest movie I saw as a child was:
One where everyone got rid of their weapons and the whole world lived in complete peace and harmony.

I had nightmares for weeks!
Dying to live, living to die.
I was always scaring the shit out of myself watching scary movies as a kid... my cousins and I were really into them. Anything would scare me. Nightmare on Elm Street franchise being our favorite. Seems really silly now.
(April 26, 2021 at 3:19 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I was always scaring the shit out of myself watching scary movies as a kid... my cousins and I were really into them. Anything would scare me. Nightmare on Elm Street franchise being our favorite. Seems really silly now.

Something like that. I remember when I was a kid talking with a friend who said how he saw in the video store a VHS cover of a movie called “Children of the Corn” and now he was afraid every time when he drove near the cornfields at night because he was afraid of these mutant kids that live in the cornfields. Too bad he didn’t watch the actual movie, but just the cover, because it’s very lame and had nothing to do with some bloodthirsty mutant kids living in cornfields, but something else—I’m not even sure exactly what: just some hippies doing something lame (?).
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Pinocchio.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I also remember seeing "The Thing" (early 80's) at the cinemas with a mate. (we were adults though, 18 or 19)
The cinema was empty except for us to. We had a joint while watching.

We both shat bricks!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
For me, it had to be the 1935 version of The Last Days of Pompeii. I didn't actually see the film, but when I was only five or six years old (1954) the movie was going to be featured on Saturday night TV. I saw the previews around supper time in which the Pompeiians were running through the streets while Vesuvius erupted. Some of them were on fire. That night I awoke in terror from a Technicolor nightmare in which I was a victim of the disaster. It took my mother about an hour to calm me down and get me to go back to bed.  Dizzy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Actually when I was I kid I watched that movie "Teeth" about vagina dentata and I was so scared of women biting me with their vaginas. Especially women with skirts that they would lift it and then the vagina will devour me.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Soylent Green (1973) My dad had already spoilered me on this film before we watched it together. The whole reason we watched it was because he had made reference jokingly to the end and I had no clue what he was talking about. Anyway, it's been a while, but knowing the ending conclusion beforehand, I remember getting very upset and feeling anxiously nihilistic during the people-dumptruck scene. This big dumptruck just plowing through the crowded city streets, shoveling people back into the waiting bed of the truck. The incomprehensible desire of survival that erases boundaries, society, community, and morals and the merciless, faceless, hopeless arm of bureaucracy feeding the maw of humanity.

My mother also showed me the original Pet Sematary when I was 10 or 11 after finishing the book. At the time, it was hard to get me reading books so, when we figured out I was an edgelord and liked horror things, she allowed me to read Stephen King and Clive Barker just to get me to do the freeform book reports I was told to do for school. Anyway, watching Pet Sematary after finishing the book was my reward(as was watching Cujo and Hellraiser after finishing their novel counterparts). I still remember being viscerally disturbed by all the Zelda scenes.

Some of the drivers education movies were pretty gruesome. Red Asphalt comes to mind.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of a Jesus movie would you make? Fake Messiah 18 2087 August 16, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Movie/Song titles for everyday situations. The Valkyrie 1 344 October 25, 2021 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mel Gibson's apology movie? Fake Messiah 5 510 April 7, 2020 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Nicholas Cage in every movie Fake Messiah 6 1202 June 2, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jeopardy style Siri Movie Title Translator Brian37 21 2004 December 11, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Just stumbled on a Waynes Bro comedy movie. Brian37 1 635 July 30, 2017 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Art of the Deal, Funny or Die movie of the Week Aroura 0 711 February 11, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Movie/TV line mashup...... Brian37 91 6049 December 22, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fake movie posters, book covers... Fake Messiah 2 1019 December 6, 2015 at 9:02 am
  Tv/movie character memes with a twist ignoramus 2 1333 October 1, 2015 at 1:33 pm