Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A meme for the butchers
A meme for the butchers
So, as mentioned on the Chauvin Murder Trial thread, I made a meme that I think helps answer why George Floyd, an ex-con with a sizable record (mostly for drug possession, mind), became such a martyr. I juxtaposed a quote made by John "Natty Bumppo" Dean, a journalist who covered an entirely different torture murder trial with a photo of Floyd's last moments (because I think that using a photo from when he was alive kind of undermines the whole purpose of the meme.) "It doesn't take much to make a saint out of someone who's been crucified." But before I posted it, I started to think it might be a bit too... dark for AF, y'know, what with it being of an actual person's last moments alive. So, after airing my concerns, Boru suggested I post it here, give it to the butchers and see if they want to kill it or let it live. And, just for extra, I'll put it under hide.

I think it makes the point well, but if it's a bit much for the mods and admins, I will understand.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: A meme for the butchers
I don't see it as any more offensive than any other pictures I have seen of the murder.

I'm a true crime junkie and agree that most people who die violently at the hands of another tend to shed their faults and foibles and become the person who always lit up a room, would give the shirt off their back, rescued kittens and puppies, and were the heart of the family.

As far as I'm concerned, we've seen and heard far more offensive things with regard to the Chauvin trial and the murder of George Floyd.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Just wanted to make sure. It is the last moments of an actual person’s life, after all.

(April 29, 2021 at 9:05 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Just wanted to make sure. It is the last moments of an actual person’s life, after all.

Understood, and I appreciate that you asked first.  We'll see how others weigh in.  But my vote would be to allow it, perhaps under a hide like you did here.  Let's see what others think.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I'm ok with it, but it shouldn't have been posted here for review.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Definitely under a hide tag.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 30, 2021 at 3:34 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'm ok with it, but it shouldn't have been posted here for review.

Boru

Fuck, I used the wrong sub forum, didn’t I?

(April 30, 2021 at 3:56 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(April 30, 2021 at 3:34 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'm ok with it, but it shouldn't have been posted here for review.

Boru

Yeah, but too late now. No worries, the meme isn't any worse than what we've all seen on the news.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 30, 2021 at 3:56 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Boru

Yes.

Please report for re-education.
Dying to live, living to die.