Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicken Shortage?
Chicken Shortage?
Anybody heard anything about it?

I found boneless chicken breasts with rib meat for $1.79 a lbs. I bought 15 lbs...
RE: Chicken Shortage?
I haven't kept up, but processing was hit by covid.  The plants lost workers plus sunk money into line distancing and partitioning.  I haven't checked feed costs.  With all the storms across the dirty south in the last month, there's bound to have been a slew of farms blow apart.  Plus the freeze took some birds.
I haven't noticed chickens getting shorter.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 4, 2021 at 5:30 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Anybody heard anything about it?

I found boneless chicken breasts with rib meat for $1.79 a lbs. I bought 15 lbs...

It was the mail thing.  In slowing down the mail to suppress the vote, american hatcheries were massively impacted.  That's the reason I have chickens now.  They became an alternative of interest that granted bodies are contractually bound to develop.

Pastured poultry in ky is economically viable under standard assumptions for the first time since they started taking records. It's not expected to last.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Stop eating chickens if there's a shortage...I can do without chicken but now and then I really like some eggs.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It's not a consumer issue, it's a supply chain issue. Eat more or less chicken, it won't change the amount of stock moving through the system.

Eggs and egg shortages, btw, were the first thing visible to the consumer.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[Image: BN-VW752_chicke_GR_20171031103052.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 4, 2021 at 6:03 pm)brewer Wrote: [Image: BN-VW752_chicke_GR_20171031103052.jpg]
I don't think I could eat them.  They just had their hair done.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I have Polish chickens (like the ones in the picture) and they are hilarious. Much too funny to eat.

I do like their eggs though Smile
Illegitimi non carborundum
As the old saying goes, "If you count your chickens before they've hatched, it will create supply chain issues leaving the consumer unfulfilled, therefore don't."

I think that's how the saying goes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm now un-chicken enough to... robvalue 54 4148 August 24, 2016 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm too chicken to... J a c k 106 8734 August 18, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Deffo kinda chicken, but not chicken enough not to ever... c172 17 4586 August 16, 2016 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet