Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eldritch Horror
Eldritch Horror
A week ago, I went ahead and bought myself the board game Eldritch Horror. About 9 or 10 years ago, I played the board game Arkham Horror with some friends back when the game board looked like this. It was my favorite game ever since but the woman I was married to at the time, when we divorced, I retreated from that friend group. So, I haven't played it since then because I simply didn't know anyone who had the game nor who even knew about it. So, I decided recently that enough was enough and went searching to purchase it. I cannot find that old version sold for new anywhere. Now, the game board for third edition, the only one available on Amazon, looks like this. That's not the game I played, so, I was really uncertain on what to do. So, I looked into Eldritch Horror because reviews said it plays exactly like old style Arkham Horror. The game board looks like this. So, it's not a city map like old AH but now a world map. Having played it three times now, I can definitely say, yes, this is just like old AH, the way I remember. And I love it. The only thing is that we go through encounter cards pretty fast with even just 3 people playing. So, it makes it just a little less exciting to have an encounter that you've already heard before.

I bought the expansion pack Forbidden Lore which adds in another Old One but also 82 new encounter and research cards. I really really want the Signs of Carcosa expansion pack. The King in Yellow is my absolute favorite mythos that is part of those sort of Lovecraftian tales(except King in Yellow was written by Chambers not Lovecraft; you know what I mean). And it looks like a ball, the snippets I've seen of the game bits. But it is out of stock for right now. But as soon as I see it for sale again, you bet your sweet ass I'm getting it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horror Roleplaying Game reverendjeremiah 23 4377 October 11, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah