Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm supposed to be the dictator......
I'm supposed to be the dictator......
But lets face it, cat, dog or whatever, we are not.

Every morning especially, I am used to waking up around 6am, but my cat starts harrassing me, nudging me, jumping on me to say, "TIME TO FEED ME". He literally starts anywhere from 5:15 am, to 5:45am. And for a half hour to 45 minutes I have to deflect him gently from my body to tell him "it is not time yet". It is annoying as hell because he fucks up my sleep cycle.  But what can I do? I am not going to put him in a sausage grinder or send him to the pound. 

Humans just need to face, there is no such word as "owner" when it comes to discribing pets. My cat owns me.
RE: I'm supposed to be the dictator......
(May 24, 2021 at 5:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: But lets face it, cat, dog or whatever, we are not.

Every morning especially, I am used to waking up around 6am, but my cat starts harrassing me, nudging me, jumping on me to say, "TIME TO FEED ME". He literally starts anywhere from 5:15 am, to 5:45am. And for a half hour to 45 minutes I have to deflect him gently from my body to tell him "it is not time yet". It is annoying as hell because he fucks up my sleep cycle.  But what can I do? I am not going to put him in a sausage grinder or send him to the pound. 

Humans just need to face, there is no such word as "owner" when it comes to discribing pets. My cat owns me.

Your cat wakes you up in the morning? This is completely new information we've never heard from you before.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 24, 2021 at 5:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: But lets face it, cat, dog or whatever, we are not.

Your cat wakes you up in the morning? This is completely new information we've never heard from you before.

Boru

News flash, animals have biological clocks like humans. Pretty sure you are not going to argue that should be illegal.
(May 24, 2021 at 5:42 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Your cat wakes you up in the morning? This is completely new information we've never heard from you before.

Boru

News flash, animals have biological clocks like humans. Pretty sure you are not going to argue that should be illegal.

Nope, I’m not. I’m not saying your cat doesn’t wake you up. I’m not saying your cat shouldn’t wake you up.

I’m saying that you gain nothing by telling us for at least the tenth time that your cat wakes you up.

Boru
(May 24, 2021 at 5:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:42 pm)Brian37 Wrote: News flash, animals have biological clocks like humans. Pretty sure you are not going to argue that should be illegal.

Nope, I’m not. I’m not saying your cat doesn’t wake you up. I’m not saying your cat should wake you up.

I’m saying that you gain nothing by telling us for at least the tenth time that your cat wakes you up.

Boru

OH MY GOD, lets all just walk with sticks up our ass 24/7 and never let our hair down. 

Sorry, I love being mundane, and silly and talking about every day life. Sorry that bothers you. 

I love the fact that my cat does what he does. Pretty sure others reading this have pets that do different things they love.
(May 24, 2021 at 5:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:42 pm)Brian37 Wrote: News flash, animals have biological clocks like humans. Pretty sure you are not going to argue that should be illegal.

Nope, I’m not. I’m not saying your cat doesn’t wake you up. I’m not saying your cat shouldn’t wake you up.

Boru

To be fair, 37 has probably slept since the last time he told us.

[Image: cfUdOqZ.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 24, 2021 at 5:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nope, I’m not. I’m not saying your cat doesn’t wake you up. I’m not saying your cat should wake you up.

Boru

OH MY GOD, lets all just walk with sticks up our ass 24/7 and never let our hair down. 

Sorry, I love being mundane, and silly and talking about every day life. Sorry that bothers you. 

I love the fact that my cat does what he does. Pretty sure others reading this have pets that do different things they love.

Of course - people love their pets and the silly things they do. We currently have 3 1/2 cats, and they’re a constant source of amusement.

But why do you feel the need to tell us this one thing about your cat, over and over and over? Once is cute, twice can be an oversight, but 10 times is just fucking annoying.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote: OH MY GOD, lets all just walk with sticks up our ass 24/7 and never let our hair down. 

Of course - people love their pets and the silly things they do. We currently have 3 1/2 cats, and they’re a constant source of amusement.

But why do you feel the need to tell us this one thing about your cat, over and over and over? Once is cute, twice can be an oversight, but 10 times is just fucking annoying.

Boru

3 1/2 cats?  hmmmm....that's interesting.  I assume (or at least hope) it's one that visits but isn't a permanent resident.  If not, we will be needing pictures to see what the other 1/2 is.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nope, I’m not. I’m not saying your cat doesn’t wake you up. I’m not saying your cat shouldn’t wake you up.

Boru

To be fair, 37 has probably slept since the last time he told us.

[Image: cfUdOqZ.jpg]

Same can be said for you. " Others or different than me, I keep forgetting that every 2 seconds".
(May 24, 2021 at 5:55 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Of course - people love their pets and the silly things they do. We currently have 3 1/2 cats, and they’re a constant source of amusement.

Boru

3 1/2 cats?  hmmmm....that's interesting.  I assume (or at least hope) it's one that visits but isn't a permanent resident.  If not, we will be needing pictures to see what the other 1/2 is.

Spot on. There’s a young feral cat we’ve been feeding, trying to gentle it and go from there. We’ll either keep it or foster it until we can find it a home.

So far, it’ll take the food, but if we get closer than about 10 feet, it leaves like it’s late for a meeting.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you're supposed to like, but don't Alex K 191 25531 September 9, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Athene
  How are supposed to eat... dyresand 8 1051 April 11, 2015 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: dyresand