Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eviction Moratorium
Eviction Moratorium
Anyone involved? Either as a renter or a landlord?
I believe Biden will extend it now till June as a minimum.
Some believe it will drag until Sept and by then it'll remain until next spring.

Good people will lose either way because of this law.
It's good in principle but not in practice.
From afar, I'm seeing good people who are too scared to be kind anymore, through fear of being taken advantage of.
And it's like no-one cares about right or wrong or morally responsible behavior. There's only one rule now in America:
If it's law, then I'm in my right to exercise it and my actions should not be questioned.

Thoughts?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Eviction Moratorium
(May 25, 2021 at 1:22 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: Anyone involved? Either as a renter or a landlord?
I believe Biden will extend it now till June as a minimum.
Some believe it will drag until Sept and by then it'll remain until next spring.

Good people will lose either way because of this law.
It's good in principle but not in practice.
From afar, I'm seeing good people who are too scared to be kind anymore, through fear of being taken advantage of.
And it's like no-one cares about right or wrong or morally responsible behavior. There's only one rule now in America:
If it's law, then I'm in my right to exercise it and my actions should not be questioned.

Thoughts?

There is always the concept of unintended consequences. I would say long term no matter what, America cannot afford to keep exploding the pay gap. I'd say long term, it does nobody any good to create default and make more people homeless be it rent or mortgage.
We were evicted from an apartment complex literally right before the no eviction plan was put into action. We stayed with the boyfriend's brother in the same complex for some months before we got a room at an extended stay hotel. We're still here.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It's time for the safety nets to expire.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 25, 2021 at 7:36 am)brewer Wrote: It's time for the safety nets to expire.

Huh? Private insurance, be it for a house or for health care are a "safety net". So really what the GOP is arguing is socializing profits when the private sector wins, and socializing losses on tax payers when the private sector loses. 

I agree, social safety nets in billionaire CEO and corporate tax breaks need to end. But as far as social safety nets like social security and medicare, you cannot find many, left or right, in the middle and working class who want that safety net cut.
(May 26, 2021 at 4:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 25, 2021 at 7:36 am)brewer Wrote: It's time for the safety nets to expire.

Huh? Private insurance, be it for a house or for health care are a "safety net". So really what the GOP is arguing is socializing profits when the private sector wins, and socializing losses on tax payers when the private sector loses. 

I agree, social safety nets in billionaire CEO and corporate tax breaks need to end. But as far as social safety nets like social security and medicare, you cannot find many, left or right, in the middle and working class who want that safety net cut.

Covid safety nets, ya damn putz. Try to keep up.
(May 26, 2021 at 6:31 pm)brewer Wrote:
(May 26, 2021 at 4:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Huh? Private insurance, be it for a house or for health care are a "safety net". So really what the GOP is arguing is socializing profits when the private sector wins, and socializing losses on tax payers when the private sector loses. 

Um COVID certainly is out of the expected and rare, but it certianly has an impact beyond regular ebs and flows. I see no problem with taking into account extra events. I'd argue if we had planned ahead instead of doing what the GOP always wants, we wouldn't be in as such a severe event.
(May 26, 2021 at 6:31 pm)brewer Wrote:
(May 26, 2021 at 4:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Huh? Private insurance, be it for a house or for health care are a "safety net". So really what the GOP is arguing is socializing profits when the private sector wins, and socializing losses on tax payers when the private sector loses. 

Brian doesn’t make actual responses to posts. He simply blurts out whichever particular random bugaboo happens to be top of mind.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 26, 2021 at 6:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 26, 2021 at 6:31 pm)brewer Wrote: Covid safety nets, ya damn putz. Try to keep up.

Um COVID certainly is out of the expected and rare, but it certianly has an impact beyond regular ebs and flows. I see no problem with taking into account extra events. I'd argue if we had planned ahead instead of doing what the GOP always wants, we wouldn't be in as such a severe event.

Next time write a poem about it. Don't forget to include the NRA, big oil and sports advertising.