Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But God loves us.
But God loves us.
Apart from the bit about killing 28 million confirmed and unconfirmed people (which he created) (from: bible count)

I found this very entertaining for some weird reason. Probably because I know it's fiction.
While we're on this topic, do we know of any other wholesale killers from fiction?
Darth Vader (representing his Emperor)? He destroyed many planets' inhabitants.
God only had one planet to rule (technical limitation/paradox -we are special snowflakes -there is no other planets with life)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: But God loves us.
Conditional love can be a bitch.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Here's another video about psycho God

Oh well, if it gets shut down here's facebook link
https://fb.watch/5JYOTc24tv/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
It's not love. god is just some pathetic, delusional stalker, with major abandonment issues.
Actually, the truth is more horrifying than fiction.

How many people did Hitler or Stalin or Mao Zedon kill?
Surely these guys deserve a big green elephant start stamp on their hand for showing promise Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 26, 2021 at 7:15 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: Apart from the bit about killing 28 million confirmed and unconfirmed people (which he created) (from: bible count)

I found this very entertaining for some weird reason. Probably because I know it's fiction.
While we're on this topic, do we know of any other wholesale killers from fiction?
Darth Vader (representing his Emperor)? He destroyed many planets' inhabitants.
God only had one planet to rule (technical limitation/paradox -we are special snowflakes -there is no other planets with life)
who said God loves all of us unconditionally?

In fact there is a huge condition to tbeing able to access the love of God. it is spelled out in john 3:16.. God's love is not for everyone. was never ment to be. that is just something butt hurt haters claim so they have something else to bitch about. if they even just read the popular verses, they'd know God only loves his own people, and for them his love is unending.. but has no love for those who belong to corruption/death outside of giving everyone an equal opportunity to become on of his beloved.

(May 26, 2021 at 7:50 am)brewer Wrote: Conditional love can be a bitch.

There is no religion in human history that has ever been about "unconditional love", not Christians, not Muslims, not Jews, not Hindus, not Buddhist or all others.

Humans have always attached their empathy, local success, morality, as being dependent of all outsiders/minorities, and treatment of such, as being dependent on that minority knowing their place. 

Now, having said that, I do think love should be conditional. Not in a blind loyalty context like facisim or an authoritarian god. 

I think empathy should always be the priority in our species. But I will never be a fan of blind loyalty. 

My late mother and I for example, were polar oposites. Both politically and religiously. My late mother was always loyal to me, but not blindly. She always expected me to do the best I could, but never abandon me when I faultered. I never abandon her because of our disagreements. 

But the Abrahamic God isn't about freedom to criticize. It is about blind loyalty ultimately. My mother never would have disowned me for criticizing her religion or economics or politics. I was always more worried about her yelling at me for my living upkeep, or not making the correct turn when driving her somewhere. 

If anyone is familiar with Howard on "The Big Bang Theory" sitcom, one can consider my mother and I the Catholic version of such interaction. 

But that is not blind loyalty. It isn't even close to the Abrahamic Characters of Jews, or Muslims or Christian traditions. My mother and I as much as we fussed and fought, would never have behaived in the authoritarian way the God/'s of Abraham of all 3 are depicted in the holy writings of all three.

Of course love should be conditional. Why should Adam and Eve love God, when the asshole used them as poker chips? Why should Muslims love Allah when he demands they make everyone an enemy? Why should Jews love Yahweh when he doesn't stop things like the Holocaust?

My mom and I fought constantly growing up. But never even with all the frustration between us, did I ever think she would abandon me because I disagreed with her.
(May 28, 2021 at 2:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 26, 2021 at 7:50 am)brewer Wrote: Conditional love can be a bitch.

blah, blah, blah. Readers need to thank me for the condensation.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 28, 2021 at 6:34 pm)brewer Wrote:

I don't read his crap anyway. I've little room for vapidity, and he has it by the bucketful.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 28, 2021 at 6:34 pm)brewer Wrote:

Thank you, kind sir! Can I have another?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 5998 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  So..... Not Only God but a Court Says "FUCK YOU." Minimalist 53 10425 March 12, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19362 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  God Loves You! (/Sarcasm) StealthySkeptic 12 2444 July 23, 2014 at 12:40 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  God Loves Me, Too My imaginary friend is GOD 105 24065 April 9, 2013 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: John V
  God is everywhere but... Baalzebutt 12 3555 March 22, 2013 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Sagasa
  What if God loves Atheists? CapnAwesome 11 3652 December 12, 2012 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Darkstar