Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why has my spellcheck crapped out on me?
Why has my spellcheck crapped out on me?
I have noticed for the past couple of months, that when I tie p orriblleee spelled wards, there is no red line showing up under eyt automoatcacklee. This pisses me off. In all ceralneice. 

Where the fuck did my red line go?
RE: Why has my spellcheck crapped out on me?
Go to the three dots on the top right of your browser. Click there.
Open settings.
In "search settings" type "spell check".
Make sure the radio button is turned on - the button should be on the far right of the little oval.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 28, 2021 at 7:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Go to the three dots on the top right of your browser.  Click there.
Open settings.
In "search settings" type "spell check".
Make sure the radio button is turned on - the button should be on the far right of the little oval.

I got to settings and type "spell check"

I have no clue what "radio button" means or the oval on the far right means.
There is a little oval that is like an on/off switch.

The round dot (radio button) needs to be to the right to be in the on position.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

[Image: fLGZXD3.png]

(May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: There is a little oval that is like an on/off switch.

Story of my life, and why my x wife left me. I could never find the on position.
(May 28, 2021 at 8:14 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: There is a little oval that is like an on/off switch.

Story of my life, and why my x wife left me. I could never find the on position.

I just posted a screen shot.

(May 28, 2021 at 8:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: [Image: fLGZXD3.png]

I just now typed misspelled wargs and it wolked. Damn  you and your Arbba sckating solutions. In all seriousness, why the hell did it crap out on me before? 

And no, even now that you provided me with a current solution, I know even with these red lines, I will still get things wrong. But I seriously was wondering why that red line was missing for so long.

Thank you, I really fixed it with this. But I don't understand why my software got away from that red line long ago. Other than hackers.
(May 28, 2021 at 8:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 8:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: [Image: fLGZXD3.png]

I just now typed misspelled wargs and it wolked. Damn  you and your Arbba sckating solutions. In all seriousness, why the hell did it crap out on me before? 

And no, even now that you provided me with a current solution, I know even with these red lines, I will still get things wrong. But I seriously was wondering why that red line was missing for so long.

Thank you, I really fixed it with this. But I don't understand why my software got away from that red line long ago. Other than hackers.
It works now.  Shit happens with computers.  Maybe an update turned it off.

You're welcome.  Glad I could help with my limited computer skills.

(May 28, 2021 at 8:26 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 28, 2021 at 8:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I just now typed misspelled wargs and it wolked. Damn  you and your Arbba sckating solutions. In all seriousness, why the hell did it crap out on me before? 

It works now.  Shit happens with computers.  Maybe an update turned it off.

You're welcome.  Glad I could help with my limited computer skills.

Limited? If you had not posted what you did today, I would have gone my entire life thinking it was Big Foot, or Chupacabra or Trumpcircles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One really has to wonder why this wasn't invented years ago... Tiberius 4 1604 March 20, 2012 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas