Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday
Holiday
The Official Holiday Thread

It's not just a Madonna song, after all.

What are you doing for the holiday that falls on this day?
RE: Holiday
Diabolical schemes.
Checking the mailbox even though mail doesn't come today.  Doh

Currently watching it rain...again...still. Is supposed to stop for about 3 hours then come back with a vengence. Between now and next Sunday we might have two days without rain.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 31, 2021 at 9:14 am)Eleven Wrote: The Official Holiday Thread

It's not just a Madonna song, after all.

What are you doing for the holiday that falls on this day?

Our version of this day was more than a month ago. I don’t recall doing anything special.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Early game today, and we face the Orioles and so we actually have a chance of winning. That and beer. I'm on a craft beer kick. I got a 24 can sampler pack from Lunds, and besides a limited release Offerman Edition Guinness finish Lagavulin 11 bottle of scotch, I'm going to grab the Bell Oberon, Ballast Point Sculpin, and the Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout. I also want to get a 12-pack of Leinie's Berry Weiss, but they're out of stock where the rest of my crap is in stock.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Since Friday, I've worked and played outside to the point I'm tore up from the floor up.  Yesterday was the 2nd sunny day in a row we've had in a month.  I floated the Frog Bayou with sons, nephews, and their girlfriends.  Interestingly, the Frog is not a bayou.  The French named it based on it's mouth without going the half mile up it to the whitewater.  

Today, my youngest boy is coming over to help around the place and visit.  My daughter will join us later.
Replacing and sealing concrete expansion joint.

Stop being jealous.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Probably watching Days of Heaven, checking if the Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-Ray I bought a few days ago actually fucking plays this time, and deciding "Okay, now the time is right to listen to Sugar Ray. At least until Labor Day, anyway." Otherwise, bugger-all.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I visited my mom along with my brother and sister for lunch and our weekly Mahjong game.  Hungry
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When family invites you to church for the holiday Bahana 28 2006 August 12, 2020 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Sal