Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here...just sayin' Hello.
New here...just sayin' Hello.
I see atheists and theists are welcome...and I am hoping that people with an agnostic perspective are at least tolerated, if not welcome. 

My take on the "Do any gods exist" is:

I do not know if any "gods"** exist or not;

I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;

I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;

I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

**When I use the word "god" I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF THERE IS SUCH AN ENTITY."
RE: New here...just sayin' Hello.
Hiya Frank, welcome.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hello.

You sound more like an ignostic than an agnostic.

Enjoy your stay.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Hello! Big Grin
Just sayin', tacos.
Hello. You doubts will never get you to the promised land of 72 virgins. Embrace Allah and his generous offer.
(June 19, 2021 at 8:51 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: I see atheists and theists are welcome...and I am hoping that people with an agnostic perspective are at least tolerated, if not welcome. 

My take on the "Do any gods exist" is:

I do not know if any "gods"** exist or not;

I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;

I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;

I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

**When I use the word "god" I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF THERE IS SUCH AN ENTITY."

None of that sounds particularly unreasonable, so I think we can let you stay *ominous music* for now. 

Welcome!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Thank you all for the welcomes. 

Gonna figure out the protocols here...and how to navigate. Then I hope to become an active member.

I'll look over some recent posts and see if I have any replies that will get me started.

As we say here in New Jersey...see youse around.
Hello, Frank. Welcome to AF.

I hope you start a thread or something. It really helps us learn a bit about new members and what sort of things are on their mind.
Okay, Vulcan.

Here is a link to my first non-introductory post:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-62952.html

Hope everyone here stops by to have a say.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 487 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 573 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 969 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1261 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1092 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New Here probablynothing#34 18 1418 June 30, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Ah hello? I don't know this is new to me FievelJ 24 2549 June 26, 2022 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1599 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
  NEW HERE HAVING CRISIS nottheone 60 4928 January 9, 2022 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1612 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am