Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sacrilegious Sundays
Sacrilegious Sundays
Now that the monotonous theists have tucked themselves away from the internet (EST), we can commence with our sinful festivities.

[Image: tenor.gif]
RE: Sacrilegious Sundays
Except for Muslims who worship Friday. Jews and some Christians who worship Saturday. Hindus who worship Monday.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(June 20, 2021 at 1:22 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Except for Muslims who worship Friday. Jews and some Christians who worship Saturday. Hindus who worship Monday.

You left out the Wednesday night christians, so sinful. They'll be coming for you.

[Image: CW8lhZC.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
When I was a kid church was a must on Sunday morning. With so many Catholics around there were four masses every Sunday morning.

By my 20s they had added a mass on Saturday early evening that counted toward going to mass on Sunday; I assume that was in the fine print somewhere. I suspect they knew there would be fewer hangovers in the pews if they just went ahead and got it over with before supper on Saturday. Either that or they couldn't compete with the men only hours at the golf course till noon on Sunday.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

[Image: 210184211_3098748760411552_6861981761410...e=60DD2048]
An old friend who's in town for a few weeks texted me yesterday to ask what time church was. I never like to launch into the passionate declaration that I'm an anti-Mormon atheist now, so, my response was a polite, "I don't know."

But pretty much everyone knows that I left the church, so, a part of me resents the implied assertion that I should know. Thankfully, he didn't use it as an opening for a "member missionary moment" (where members are expected to proselytize, set an example, and extend invitations to inactive members).

I think resting on sunday is one of the only things I half way like about those christians.
I encourage sloth as much as possible.

I also find it interesting that their god needed a day of rest.
Extremely powerful being - gets tired after working for 6 days.
Then never works again and immediately goes into retirement.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result