Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are some things you lose track of, & regret.
There are some things you lose track of, & regret.
Several things I collected as a kid, like led cast army tanks, men. I also at one point had every red, blue, yellow collector cards(baseball cards) of the original 3 Star Wars Movies. All those things over my childhood, teens fell into disrepair and faded in my interest.

But, I think one of the biggest things I regret not taking care of was my collection of airline silverware. I don't mean literal silver, but just in the fact that  growing up airlines used metal utensils with their logos stamped on them. Over the years growing up, my mom would steal spoons or knives or such with logos of the airline and save them for me. I kick myself to this day for misplacing, neglecting, and loosing two old spoons my mom had saved me from flights in the 70s. I had an Islandic Loflander spoon, and a Pan Am spoon. I don't know what happened to them. 

What things did you have, that you now regret you wish you had held onto? And by that I mean, not for money, but just in that you realize you look back and had a part of history?
RE: There are some things you lose track of, & regret.
My dignity?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Your sanity?
Honestly, did you ever have it?
A buncha Gibsons....

Used to be we could find them at garage sales - cheap.

Had multiple early SGs and Les Pauls. You could pick up 330 and 335 hollowbody electrics dirt cheap

Everybody wanted Flying V's and Fender Stratocasters.

One of the benefits of growing up in Kalamazoo...

Big Grin
Something that wouldn't be worth a thing to anyone else...I had a pair of low cut jeans with elephant bells back in the mid 70s. This is when I was learning to embroider by hand and by machine. A friend drew a dragon along the bottom of the back of one leg and I embroidered it by hand...it was done with a few shades of green and in different directions that gave it more dimension. There were also little odds and ends in other places including my name handsewn onto the waistband.

Dad wouldn't let me put denim patches on my jeans so I worked my way around that rule and took a quilt my great grandmother made for me and made a pattern of the floral design she used. I then used scraps of fabric and basically had two flowers on the ass of my pants - hand quilted.

I just wish I at least had a damn picture of them. There was a lot of work put into decorating those jeans.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 21, 2021 at 10:08 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Something that wouldn't be worth a thing to anyone else...I had a pair of low cut jeans with elephant bells back in the mid 70s.  This is when I was learning to embroider by hand and by machine.  A friend drew a dragon along the bottom of the back of one leg and I embroidered it by hand...it was done with a few shades of green and in different directions that gave it more dimension.  There were also little odds and ends in other places including my name handsewn onto the waistband.

Dad wouldn't let me put denim patches on my jeans so I worked my way around that rule and took a quilt my great grandmother made for me and made a pattern of the floral design she used.  I then used scraps of fabric and basically had two flowers on the ass of my pants - hand quilted.  

I just wish I at least had a damn picture of them.  There was a lot of work put into decorating those jeans.

When you think about things like that, it isn't about the money, it is about the memories.
Several witnesses.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 22, 2021 at 12:07 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Several witnesses.

I think, be it airlines, or hotels, they all expect you to swipe things like pillows, towels, soap, even placards. 

But back in the 70s/80s and even early 90s, it was quite common for airline passengers to pocket a knife, fork or spoon with the airline logo on it as a keepsake for their trip. The airlines took this into account.
(June 21, 2021 at 9:16 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Several things I collected as a kid, like led cast army tanks, men. I also at one point had every red, blue, yellow collector cards(baseball cards) of the original 3 Star Wars Movies. All those things over my childhood, teens fell into disrepair and faded in my interest.

But, I think one of the biggest things I regret not taking care of was my collection of airline silverware. I don't mean literal silver, but just in the fact that  growing up airlines used metal utensils with their logos stamped on them. Over the years growing up, my mom would steal spoons or knives or such with logos of the airline and save them for me. I kick myself to this day for misplacing, neglecting, and loosing two old spoons my mom had saved me from flights in the 70s. I had an Islandic Loflander spoon, and a Pan Am spoon. I don't know what happened to them. 

What things did you have, that you now regret you wish you had held onto? And by that I mean, not for money, but just in that you realize you look back and had a part of history?

I don't have anything like that in my memory, possibly because I wasn't raised by a thief.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A "bugle" dad made from a bull horn and a turkey call he threw together one morning from three sections of cane.  

A lot of friends.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Things You Miss Foxaèr 15 890 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 481 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1560 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1754 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 775 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 827 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Things you have discovered The Valkyrie 76 7551 February 8, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8435 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Just some things I’d like to know about you. Losty 54 9266 April 6, 2018 at 11:33 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome