Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skeeters
Skeeters
Up till about two weeks ago we had barely seen any.

Then somebody left the mosquito switch on.

Now the little vampire bitches ( only the female bites) are EVERYWHERE.

How about where you are?
RE: Skeeters
At work.

Happily chilled on a winter's night not a cloud or mozzie in the sky. Big Grin
Don't know, been spending all my time inside.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I haven't seen any and I spend 40% of my days outdoors. Lots of horse flies and deer flies and lightning bugs but no mosquitos.

It's been pretty dry here, so I haven't seen any yet.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
We've had a lot of rain but the mosquitos aren't too bad. We do seem to have more flies this summer than usual but the cat and the youngest dog are pretty good at catching them for us. Now, if the June bugs would just realize it's July and go away...

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It’s winter here, so no mosquitos to speak of. Even in summer, they’re not particularly bad.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Depends on where you are. Inland they are less common. Near the Ottawa river, they are nonexistent as the winds are too fierce. All along the Canal, they are everywhere.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I haven't had to flick to many off this summer.

However, my spider bite average is up.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I get along with skeeters, I have them eating out of the palm of my hand....
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.