Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christians are happy to be jerks!
christians are happy to be jerks!
A christian idiot posted this on Facebook. She's saying, "look, I'm an asshole and that's how it is supposed to be!"

[Image: 230762794_10220956631447689_554898540648...e=612F0F83]
RE: christians are happy to be jerks!
(August 2, 2021 at 1:04 pm)FredTheLobster Wrote: A christian idiot posted this on Facebook. She's saying, "look, I'm an asshole and that's how it is supposed to be!"

[Image: 230762794_10220956631447689_554898540648...e=612F0F83]

She’s not wrong. There’s a helluva lot more to Biblical Christianity than those two things (most of it pretty unsavory).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I can remember reading FSTDT and someone on RaptureReady, responding to the site that exists solely to mock the outlandish beliefs of fundamentalists, posted this:

Quote:There is a website especially dedicated for ridiculing and hating us.

If you are on there you are more than likely receiving a crown in heaven.

If you are not mentioned you need to question your salvation

My thanks to the pagans for solidifying our security

Bear in mind that people get quoted there for saying ridiculous, asinine, hateful, and batshit crazy things. Also, I can't help but think whoever wrote this is presuming to speak for God, which I'm 95% certain is a huge sin in Christianity.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
"Judge not" and "Love thy neighbor" are statements in the Bible. The rest of the Bible contains hundreds of ways you can completely ignore those two principles.

Paul, for instance, advocates judging people into the ground... and if one takes Paul as an example of how to be, they'll be judgmental as hell. Jesus (or whoever wrote the Sermon on the Mount) may as well have not said "Judge not lest ye be judged" or "love thy neighbor." They are completely invisible sentiments to most Christians. They may as well not be in the Bible at all.
"A grudge of xtian women" comes to mind, when talking about judging people.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 2, 2021 at 6:40 pm)Fireball Wrote: "A grudge of xtian women" comes to mind, when talking about judging people.

What's that?
Reformed??? What the hell is he/she reformed from?

My apologies, I must have a plank in my eye.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 2, 2021 at 8:55 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(August 2, 2021 at 6:40 pm)Fireball Wrote: "A grudge of xtian women" comes to mind, when talking about judging people.

What's that?

A "grudge" is to xtian women as a "gaggle" is to geese- a name for the grouping.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.