Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we always come here?
Why do we always come here?
"I guess we'll never know
It's kind of like a torture
To have to watch this show"

^^^^^^^^ I think everyone old enough knows the reference in the title and the quote from this comedy intro above.

What is your favorite Muppet Show Character? My favorite is Beaker. I love how he was in the background and hesitated in participating in Dr Honeydew's experiments. 

RE: Why do we always come here?
What just happened?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 7, 2021 at 1:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What just happened?

Boru

I don't know about you...but...

[Image: DRcKoVT.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It was a rhetorical question, as I know exactly what happened; 37 was channel (or web)  surfing, ran across ‘The Muppet Show’ and felt compelled to share.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 7, 2021 at 12:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: "I guess we'll never know
It's kind of like a torture
To have to watch this show"

^^^^^^^^ I think everyone old enough knows the reference in the title and the quote from this comedy intro above.

What is your favorite Muppet Show Character? My favorite is Beaker. I love how he was in the background and hesitated in participating in Dr Honeydew's experiments. 

"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Fernando, have you ever had a thought that you haven't immediately shouted?

I mean like, ever?
(August 7, 2021 at 12:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What is your favorite Muppet Show Character?

Maybe it's just me but I never had a favorite Muppet.

How does it even look like when you have a favorite Muppet? You watch the Muppet Show and your favorite Muppet appears... and then what?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I don't have anything against them, but I used to have a black t-shirt that said 'FUCK THE MUPPETS' in large, white letters.

Boru
(August 7, 2021 at 10:35 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(August 7, 2021 at 12:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What is your favorite Muppet Show Character?

Maybe it's just me but I never had a favorite Muppet.

How does it even look like when you have a favorite Muppet? You watch the Muppet Show and your favorite Muppet appears... and then what?

Yoda, my favorite is
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Come and knock on our door. Brian37 0 646 October 7, 2023 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I do not come from a land down under. Brian37 14 1334 May 6, 2021 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  This is my fave cartoon, always makes me cry Brian37 6 796 January 14, 2020 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Vomiting and Fainting? Come On. BrianSoddingBoru4 20 1886 October 22, 2018 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  From the shadows I come. Mystic 14 1426 October 24, 2017 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Come and knock on my door. Brian37 1 434 April 21, 2016 at 9:50 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Till you come to save me. kılıç_mehmet 0 762 May 14, 2012 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet