Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's the machines' world, we just live in it.
It's the machines' world, we just live in it.
PNY has released the first SSD designed specifically for Chia cryptocurrency mining. I'm of mixed feelings about this.

Share your tech news and stories here.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: It's the machines' world, we just live in it.
(September 21, 2021 at 8:41 pm)Angrboda Wrote: PNY has released the first SSD designed specifically for Chia cryptocurrency mining.  I'm of mixed feelings about this.

I don't understand "cryptocurrency".

In human history, exchange has always been about bargaining. Before the advent of coins and paper money, there was the exchange of livestock, crops and unfortunately even females. I simply do not see how a "virtual exchange "can escape an eventual physical end.

The word "Crypt" by itself literally refers to death. I don't see how financial stability grows in death.
(September 21, 2021 at 8:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 21, 2021 at 8:41 pm)Angrboda Wrote: PNY has released the first SSD designed specifically for Chia cryptocurrency mining.  I'm of mixed feelings about this.

In human history, exchange has always been about bargaining. Before the advent of coins and paper money, there was the exchange of livestock, crops and unfortunately even females. I simply do not see how a "virtual exchange "can escape an eventual physical end.

The word "Crypt" by itself literally refers to death. I don't see how financial stability grows in death.

You are a moron.

Crypt - a vault.

It comes from the Greek kruptos - meaning hidden.
If basketball "great" Larry Bird was actually a bird, why didn't he just fly to Moredoors?
(September 21, 2021 at 8:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

You don't even understand regular currency. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If only we had instant access to just about all the information ever. Someone might be able to do a little research, before proudly yammering on with utter ignorance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skype To Get Live Translation pocaracas 1 788 May 29, 2014 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Losty
  The Web Is Dead. Long Live The Internet. Tiberius 14 5453 December 3, 2010 at 4:35 am
Last Post: leo-rcc