Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud
Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud
Mother Teresa? A saint apparently.

I think problem is devotion culture like Catholicism or Sunni Islam dont have work culture but devotion culture, so their mentality is only to get to heaven, so it explains why they couldnt care about helping society in lot of ways if your idea is to just want to do stuff for devotion only.

As compared to Protestants or Secularist culture where it has history of work culture.
RE: Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud
She was great on the Brady Bunch.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud
(October 9, 2021 at 5:14 pm)brewer Wrote: She was great on the Brady Bunch.

You just ain't right at all.

smh

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Idk about Ma Theresa, but plenty of Catholics have made contributions to society. My sister is a devout Catholic, and she's a hard-working schoolteacher.

I don't think a devotion-mentality translates to a "get into heaven" mentality. Nor do I think a devotion mentality is less productive than other mentalities. You'll have to provide more defense for that position to convince me.
(October 9, 2021 at 5:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 9, 2021 at 5:14 pm)brewer Wrote: She was great on the Brady Bunch.

You just ain't right at all.

smh

Just be glad I didn't go on about her Wessonality.

[Image: 1255164897532bdbd168d0e118ee1f2c.gif]

What do you think she's saying? Naughty
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Mother Mary Teresa Bojaxhiu believed that suffering brought one close to Christ.

She encouraged and often insisted that those who came to her for help would languish in pain for as long as they could bare.
She didn't care for people. She prolonged their suffering.

Lots of people can do good things while still in the thralls of religion. Religion itself however can be used primarily to commit atrocities.

It's a poison of the mind when you can get people to believe something without any rational justification for that belief.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
(October 9, 2021 at 5:22 pm)brewer Wrote:
(October 9, 2021 at 5:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You just ain't right at all.

smh

Just be glad I didn't go on about her Wessonality.

[Image: 1255164897532bdbd168d0e118ee1f2c.gif]

What do you think she's saying? Naughty

Wear a swim cap, so it doesn't get in your hair.  Tut Tut
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5359 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3031 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans Woah0 56 3861 September 18, 2022 at 5:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theocracy on the way Spongebob 94 5665 January 19, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Help me understand you better pokey555 12 1786 August 10, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1575 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2791 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 992 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3718 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7028 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico