Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Deduce that Candyman is Effectively Real and Rampaging
I Deduce that Candyman is Effectively Real and Rampaging
Rather than denoting anti-black looking racism as being the cause of racial disparity in income/crime etc etc etc, is it not more likely, especially given that racism of that type is vociferously and utterly condemned across virtually all Western media and culture for at least the last 40 years, that hatred of "the white man's game" causes black looking people's disenfranchisement, and rage, causing crime and further disenfranchisement?

It is also, sadly, an unavoidable truth that Black Lives Matter etc etc etc, where anti-black looking racism by white looking people is denoted to be ubiquitous in both occurrence and profundity, will only serve to strengthen and reinforce those feelings of rage and reluctance to "play the game" of the "straight and narrow white path." 

If I were a black looking man, living in the states, and believed the BLM narrative to be true, I think I'd be unwilling to comply with mainstream "white" culture too...I'd also be tempted to buy a gun out of misanthropic rage, in all likelihood, maligned as I would feel from mainstream (white looking) society at large.

What brought this post on? Watching the 2021 remake of Candyman - woke isn't the word....BLM narrative hysteria blown out of proportion more than the (appalling) killing of George Floyd himself, more like. Ill advised in the extreme, basically - beyond divisive, given the meat drawn in this thread. 

Controversial, I know, but the truth, as I see it, must out.
RE: I Deduce that Candyman is Effectively Real and Rampaging
So, Black people are intensifying anti-Black racism by being angry about the way they’re being treated by anti-Black racists? This is like saying people who resent getting kicked in the throat are the ones making the throat-kicking epidemic worse, instead of laying the blame where it belongs - with the International Brotherhood of Throat Kickers.

I’m not one to judge, but you have GOT to quit drinking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 10, 2021 at 4:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: So, Black people are intensifying anti-Black racism by being angry about the way they’re being treated by anti-Black racists? This is like saying people who resent getting kicked in the throat are the ones making the throat-kicking epidemic worse, instead of laying the blame where it belongs - with the International Brotherhood of Throat Kickers.

Boru

I promise you I am stone cold sober. 

Read the OP again, mate: anger at PERCEIVED ubiquitous anti-black racism causes crime, financial (career) disenfranchisement, rage etc.

It's virtually all in the mind Boru - yes there's a BIT of genuine anti-black looking racism, but the vast majority DESPISE racism, and the constant banging on about anti-black looking racism, reminiscing ad nauseum perpetual about slavery (12 years a slave?) and BLM...then you've got shit like the recent films of RZA....the list in recent times is practically endless, but the EVIDENCE of actual anti-black profound and ubiquitous racism? Missing. Case in point: there is NO EVIDENCE of racism in the killing of George Floyd, yet it blew BLM up in the news and made it a global movement.
(October 10, 2021 at 4:19 pm)Lawz Wrote: Rather than denoting anti-black looking racism as being the cause of racial disparity in income/crime etc etc etc, is it not more likely, especially given that racism of that type is vociferously and utterly condemned across virtually all Western media and culture for at least the last 40 years, that hatred of "the white man's game" causes black looking people's disenfranchisement, and rage, causing crime and further disenfranchisement?

It is also, sadly, an unavoidable truth that Black Lives Matter etc etc etc, where anti-black looking racism by white looking people is denoted to be ubiquitous in both occurrence and profundity, will only serve to strengthen and reinforce those feelings of rage and reluctance to "play the game" of the "straight and narrow white path." 

If I were a black looking man, living in the states, and believed the BLM narrative to be true, I think I'd be unwilling to comply with mainstream "white" culture too...I'd also be tempted to buy a gun out of misanthropic rage, in all likelihood, maligned as I would feel from mainstream (white looking) society at large.

What brought this post on? Watching the 2021 remake of Candyman - woke isn't the word....BLM narrative hysteria blown out of proportion more than the (appalling) killing of George Floyd himself, more like. Ill advised in the extreme, basically - beyond divisive, given the meat drawn in this thread. 

I hate the word "controversy", when there is none. In science, scientists have, throughout history, had competing ideas about how to solve a problem. But there are some things, once settled in peer review, that do not need to be questioned, like gravity and evolution.

You are not being controversial, you are being ignorant.

You might as well argue "If they would only act white". 

Floyd's death was not "blown out of proportion".  It is a data fact that between blacks and other minorities, when dealing with police, they get treated harsher by police and the courts.
(October 10, 2021 at 4:19 pm)Lawz Wrote: Rather than denoting anti-black looking racism as being the cause of racial disparity in income/crime etc etc etc, is it not more likely, especially given that racism of that type is vociferously and utterly condemned across virtually all Western media and culture for at least the last 40 years, that hatred of "the white man's game" causes black looking people's disenfranchisement, and rage, causing crime and further disenfranchisement?

Please get off the drugs

Quote: promise you I am stone cold sober. 

Read the OP again, mate: anger at PERCEIVED ubiquitous anti-black racism causes crime, financial (career) disenfranchisement, rage etc.

It's virtually all in the mind Boru - yes there's a BIT of genuine anti-black looking racism, but the vast majority DESPISE racism, and the constant banging on about anti-black looking racism, reminiscing ad nauseum perpetual about slavery (12 years a slave?) and BLM...then you've got shit like the recent films of RZA....the list in recent times is practically endless, but the EVIDENCE of actual anti-black profound and ubiquitous racism? Missing. Case in point: there is NO EVIDENCE of racism in the killing of George Floyd, yet it blew BLM up in the news and made it a global movement.
No really winners don't do drugs
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 10, 2021 at 5:12 pm)Lawz Wrote:
(October 10, 2021 at 4:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: So, Black people are intensifying anti-Black racism by being angry about the way they’re being treated by anti-Black racists? This is like saying people who resent getting kicked in the throat are the ones making the throat-kicking epidemic worse, instead of laying the blame where it belongs - with the International Brotherhood of Throat Kickers.

Boru

I promise you I am stone cold sober. 

I don’t need to read it again, I completely understood your points. Anti-Black racism doesn’t exist. And if it does, Black people are to blame. Garbage.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Holy crap that was one hell of a racist tirade you had going there. Anti-Black racism is alive and kicking here in the States, I assure you. People of darker complexion are legitimately treated differently in nearly all aspects of life, from being denied healthcare, or given substandard healthcare, and treated as if their pain doesn't matter because of some perceived propensity for drug addiction, to being gunned down in the middle of the street in full view of witnesses by white police officers who value their lives as lesser. Or, even being shot and killed in their own homes while doing nothing wrong by white police officers. And don't even get me started on housing, and education. The disparity there is utterly disgusting.

Please, take your tired rhetoric and stick it back where it belongs. No one is buying it. I haven't even seen the movie, but I can pretty much tell you already you've missed the whole entire point and decided to just use it as a way to make you feel superior, and give some sort of perceived credence to your pet theory that the systemic, and lethal racism experienced by black people isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.
(October 10, 2021 at 5:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 10, 2021 at 5:12 pm)Lawz Wrote: I promise you I am stone cold sober. 

I don’t need to read it again, I completely understood your points. Anti-Black racism doesn’t exist. And if it does, Black people are to blame. Garbage.

Boru

I said neither such thing whatsoever. If the MODS here are happy and inclined to wantonly misrepresent my position on this there's little point in pursuing this thread/issue here, it seems to me ATM. How disappointing.
There are a lot of narratives around racism that compete for societal ubiquity. I care about truth, not trendy narratives.

Lawz has mentioned a competing narrative that the woke world hates, and wants to beat down, but I see all narratives as propaganda. Each one exaggerates their position compared to reality.

Some white people think "why can't Black people just walk the White path -- they will find White success". The BLM people are "White people want to keep us down and put us in jail or kill us -- that's the only reason we aren't succeeding".

Both sides have some truth and some bullshit about them.
Quote:I said neither such thing whatsoever. If the MODS here are happy and inclined to wantonly misrepresent my position on this there's little point in pursuing this thread/issue here, it seems to me ATM. How disappointing.
Buro misrepresented nothing. You just don't like having the ugliness of your position tossed back in your face.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM