Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really, really dumb criminals
Really, really dumb criminals
What would possess someone to try to take a firearm onto a plane in your checked luggage?

Especially a felon who can' t own firearms?

And then touch off a round and run when TSA finds it?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/accidental-...e-rcna6248

I can understand someone forgetting a concealed carry gun - but in your check in luggage?

Somebody's been eating the paint chips ....
RE: Really, really dumb criminals
(November 23, 2021 at 2:12 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: What would possess someone to try to take a firearm onto a plane in your checked luggage?

I can understand someone forgetting a concealed carry gun - but in your check in luggage?

I believe it’s legal to have an unloaded firearm in your checked luggage. Based on the article (though it’s not completely clear) this nimrod tried to take a loaded gun aboard in his carry-on luggage.

Further evidence that guns aren’t for everyone.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
^ Yup. When I traveled for business, I sometimes took my gun to the travel location. I was required to declare it, and demonstrate that it was not loaded, and locked, in my case, in a small gun safe. It then went with my checked baggage.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 23, 2021 at 3:42 pm)Fireball Wrote: ^ Yup. When I traveled for business, I sometimes took my gun to the travel location. I was required to declare it, and demonstrate that it was not loaded, and locked, in my case, in a small gun safe. It then went with my checked baggage.

Same here, except the business part.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 23, 2021 at 3:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 23, 2021 at 2:12 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: What would possess someone to try to take a firearm onto a plane in your checked luggage?

I believe it’s legal to have an unloaded firearm in your checked luggage. Based on the article (though it’s not completely clear) this nimrod tried to take a loaded gun aboard in his carry-on luggage.

Boru
I once arrived in SeaTac with a double side rifle case with an AR -15 an AR-10 a Beretta 96, 2 S+W 331's and magazines and ammo for all.

The damned airlines cut open the external locks despite the case being inspected and sealed.

I had to open it and inspect for theft - right at the baggage claim carousel....

It made some people nervous enough to run away.....

Oh well....
(November 23, 2021 at 4:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(November 23, 2021 at 3:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I believe it’s legal to have an unloaded firearm in your checked luggage. Based on the article (though it’s not completely clear) this nimrod tried to take a loaded gun aboard in his carry-on luggage.

Boru
I once arrived in SeaTac with a double side rifle case with an AR -15 an AR-10 a Beretta 96, 2 S+W 331's and magazines and ammo for all.

The damned airlines cut open the external locks despite the case being inspected and sealed.

I had to open it and inspect for theft - right at the baggage claim carousel....

Oh well....

Cool story, but I was really just pointing out the difference between checked and carry-on baggage.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 23, 2021 at 4:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 23, 2021 at 4:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I once arrived in SeaTac with a double side rifle case with an AR -15 an AR-10 a Beretta 96, 2 S+W 331's and magazines and ammo for all.

Oh well....

Cool story, but I was really just pointing out the difference between checked and carry-on baggage.

Boru

Sorry.. I mispoke saying checked in - I did indeed mean carry on...

Not to be confused with carrion luggage...

You never know when you're going to take a dead deer with you on the aircraft.....

Panic
Better than really really smart criminals. Not that I want them at all but given the choice I'll take the dumb ones.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

A mate had a criminal brother in law.  At one point he did three years for robbing a bank.

The judge commented that the entire endeavour was so inept that were it not for traumatising bank employees, it would be funny.

I met him after he'd been released.  Stunningly unintelligent and ignorant, with delusions of grandeur, incapable of accepting responsibility for his actions.. In other words, a stereotypical petty career criminal.
(November 23, 2021 at 7:04 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:

A mate had a criminal brother in law.  At one point he did three years for robbing a bank.

The judge commented that the entire endeavour was so inept that were it not for traumatising bank employees, it would be funny.

I met him after he'd been released.  Stunningly unintelligent and ignorant, with delusions of grandeur, incapable of accepting responsibility for his actions.. In other words, a stereotypical petty career criminal.

I went to school with a guy up the road - nice guy - who robbed a local bank dressed in drag.

He got away with it - but then was bragging about it at a pool party. Somebody ratted him out for the reward.

He got arrested in a swimsuit.

Not prefered jail attire..